Caribou Gear

Hunting Clothing Rant by the Tall Husky Gentleman

I tried a Core4Element top. No go. I'm not sure how they came up with their sizing, but it was probably 2 sizes too small.

Just put in an order for Kings Camo. I'm hoping it is fat guy friendly.

I feel their pain. I am 6'4" 255-260 on average. I have 54" chest so "losing weight" doesn't help in my shoulders, long arms, long torso, large boned normal size guy. LOL! Heck I wear size 16H Irish Setter Elk Trackers $$$$ which are about only ones I can wear due to 15 5E gun boats. I've had some luck with recent Military camo at on line stores. I am so far outside the 95% that a new % should be created just for me! Even socks are difficult to find for hunting. Wigwam use to carry XXXL hunting socks but no more. Wide said she would take wool blanket for me to use.

There is not even a special order service hardly anymore even if you could actually talk to someone these days. The call tree alone is enough to make you avoid calling.

When I do find something I buy enough to last a few years. Just afraid it won't be available anymore in future. I know, clothing hoarder!

Hey, the guys that played on the line in college ball didn't shrink much. It's not all fat guys. I have a buddy that started at OU under Switzer, and he's slimmed down a little, but is still 6'5" and well over 300. Arms like tree trunks.

Back