Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2nd Marriage

Did you have to give a gift (money) to the father of the bride or has that tradition run its course. I like to raz my co-workers about this but mostly we talk about food and the differences between our countries.

Sort of. They give red envelopes at this New Years time and The groom does give something to the parents based on wealth. Since I'm not wealthy my wife advised me to gift $1,600 US to her mom. But we will relieve more than that in our own wedding gifts. Got $500 so far and the reception isn't until Feb. 12th. Her father died of TB when she was only 5. Coincidence my mom was a rare survivor of it back in 1930.

I was feeling guilty about taking your Arizona tag this year with the new draw rules, but after seeing your new wife not so much. That's enough for a guy to want to stay home instead of go hunting.

I was feeling guilty about taking your Arizona tag this year with the new draw rules, but after seeing your new wife not so much. That's enough for a guy to want to stay home instead of go hunting.

Hehe missed your comment during my last hectic week there. Finally home but not without bringing a combination of SARS & chicken flu viruses with me. Hoping three nasty flus in my three February visits there will build up some immunity some day, before one manages to kill me. :W: Fang still looks great in a bikini too, despite her age! Here's a photo from our reception.

Attachments

• chinawedding2.JPG
    chinawedding2.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back