Go America Rugby World Cup

kiwi hunta

You guys qualified for the Rugby World Cup being played in New Zealand, outa 85 national teams around the world you guys made the last 16, well done :hump:.

Currently playing a pool game against Russia and leading 10 to 3 at half time, your captain Todd Cleaver would not look out of place in any team in the world, your right winger is another outstanding player.

Well done to your team, I think only about 1% of Americans even know what Rugby is let alone play it, hope it helps to gain a foothold over there.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for the update and attaboys. I follow rugby some through my brother as he is the team doctor for Team USA.

Team USA photo

309649_2327090624140_1455901504_2614351_1816842674_n.jpg

Team USA defeated Russia today to go 1-1 in pool play.

These guys are the real deal. Feel no pain, fear no one, run you over for the fun of it. In the first round loss to Ireland, the team captain, Clever, made a tackle, and got his arm trapped under the pile. The stinger to his neck/shoulder made him go totally numb for several minutes. Played with a paralyzed, numb arm until the feeling came back.

Way to go New Zealand, rugby World Cup champions. (Defeated France in the round robin part of the tournament, then beat them again, won 8-7 in the finals.

France has a Rugby team?

think only about 1% of Americans even know what Rugby is let alone play it

We actually have a league here in N Tx...tuff bunch of bastages too.

Congrats NZ.

USA vs All Blacks Saturday 3 PM central Saturday, game played in Chicago (team walk through today was in swirling sleet and snow). The attached pic is from three years ago, the guy on the left is the team doctor, my little brother. He works on lots of professional athletes, and says that as a group, nobody can touch rugby players for toughness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 133
France has a Rugby team?
Yes, France have a very good rugby team. They are currently ranked 7th in the world but made the world cup finals in 2011.

Good luck Team USA. Should be a great game at Solider Field in an hour.

There is a reason the Kiwis are world #1. Early in the first half All Blacks were leading 12-6.......ended up 70ish-6. Only one confirmed broken bone so all is good.

Football scouts must surely drool over some of the physical talent displayed today.

Last edited:
You keep those football scouts away from our All Black hahaha. Very entertaining game and what an amazing stadium.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back