Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Well, this sucks!!

Zach

Just found out today I need to be in Jackson, MS for at least 2 weeks starting on 10/6. My deer tag starts 10/18, not sure if I'll make it back home in time to use it. I'm debating turning it in, but just don't want to take myself there yet.

Also have my daughters deer hunt the week after mine, which shouldn't be in jeopardy.

The part that sucks is that is I took a promotion with the guise that there would be less travel involved. So far I haven't lost my executive status yet....:mad:

Anyone from Jackson, MS? Anything I can hunt on the weekends while I'm working out there?

Archery whitetail starts 10/1 in the Delta and Hill regions, 10/15 in the SE region. There is also some fall turkey hunting available.

That blows!! Ifeel you though, lost 5 seasons in Europe and then 3 here with deployments. Kinda why I don't feel guilty about having 3 hunts this year.

That stinks. While the amount of public land and diversity of big game is less in many of the eastern states, the actual hunting seasons are often times much longer. Someone above gave the deer season dates. I'd also consider doing small game. If you've never hunted tree squirrels, they are a blast to hunt!

+1 on the squirrel idea. In most states the seasons are 4-5 months long and you can hunt them any day that you have off from work. They are a blast to hunt and even harder with leaves on the trees.

I live in the MS delta, about 2 hours north of Jackson. I have a hunting camp maybe an hour or so from Jackson that if I can work it out with the wife, I will be staying at the weekend of 10th-12th. I'll be happy to have you come up for a hunt if you get a chance. PM me and we can try to work something out.

I live in the MS delta, about 2 hours north of Jackson. I have a hunting camp maybe an hour or so from Jackson that if I can work it out with the wife, I will be staying at the weekend of 10th-12th. I'll be happy to have you come up for a hunt if you get a chance. PM me and we can try to work something out.

I'll see what my schedule is going to be and give you a shout. I have previously hunted whitetail in MS over near Aberdeen on a friend of a friends place. Just a doe meat hunt. Some thick woods around there.

If I had a choice between hunting the first weekend and the second weekend of the season, I'd choose the second. Did you use points for your tag?

If I had a choice between hunting the first weekend and the second weekend of the season, I'd choose the second. Did you use points for your tag?

Oak, no. It was a leftover draw tag. Sadly I couldn't draw any of the 4 tags I initially put in for, you know point creep... Good thing is I have good intel on the unit and if I just want to shoot a deer for the freezer 1 weekend should cover it.

Deltaboy, really appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna have to decline this time. I don't have to work the weekend, but I'm gonna make a 6hr drive up to TN to visit my daughter at college.

Deltaboy, really appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna have to decline this time. I don't have to work the weekend, but I'm gonna make a 6hr drive up to TN to visit my daughter at college.

That probably worked out for the best; the weather is supposed to be potentially crappy anyway. Give me a shout if you head back down this way and want to hunt. The offer stands.

Things didn't get much better. I ended up staying in MS until Friday of the 2nd rifle. Kinda hard to tell the wife and kids I'm going deer hunting after being gone 3 weeks.

To make matters worse, had to go to CA this week and it looks like my daughters deer tag will join mine in the pot for some good ol soup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back