Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Southern Alberta?

mdunc8

Anyone spent much time in southern Alberta? Other than the fact that sheep tags are OTC:eek: , how's the hunting and life in general up there?

Anyone spent much time in southern Alberta? Other than the fact that sheep tags are OTC:eek: , how's the hunting and life in general up there?
All I know about Alberta is what I've read in print or watched on TV. That said, it looks like it could be an ideal place for a sportsman. Looks like there's a wide variety of game and terrain types.

FWIW, I'd pick it over Cedar City... ;)

All I know about Alberta is what I've read in print or watched on TV. That said, it looks like it could be an ideal place for a sportsman. Looks like there's a wide variety of game and terrain types.

FWIW, I'd pick it over Cedar City... ;)

I know where I'd rather live, but I don't think it's going to be up to me...

If I provide my wife's email, would y'all be willing to make a few pitches for me?
Ha! If you think it'll work. However, my wife may be a bit of a better salesperson. She can relate the "joys" of moving to where their husband doesn't want to be... :eek:

The only real drawbacks that I can think of are that it is in Canada and the winters can get pretty cold.

The opportunities to hunt are stacked way up in the NR's favor. You can have a guided hunt up here every year that you want to spend some money. As for us local's mulie draws out to 7-8 years, Antelope 9-10 plus years. Moose draws in SW Alberta 16-17 years. Yeah OTC for sheep and elk with several get taken every year but the number of guys climbing the walls out there is staggering. Doe draws are getting out to several years now. Not discourage you but if you do make it this way let me know, I can lead you done the garden path and I post bail.:)

If you have more specific questions, spit them out as I think we have it pretty good up here. Some long draw periods for certain critters, but a chance to kill a big horn ram on a $50 tag is hard to beat. Any area South of Lethbridge is affected by the weather in Northern Montana more than the stuff in Calgary. Anybody I know down there watches the US weather report as it will tell you what's up better than the Calgary stations. Lots of jobs if your willing to work as well.

I was there for almost 14 months. Big mule deer to gawk at but Canada just isn't the same as the states. I was ready to be out.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back