Yeti GOBOX Collection

Win a hunt!

I guess I'm officially entered since I just received my DVD's in the mail. I can't wait to have a OYOA/Fresh Tracks elk hunting marathon. Thanks Randy!

So...

I have to pay to get to the hunt....Which is more than the tag...
You sell hundreds of DVD's to way cover the cost of a tag....
It's only a tag that is covered...
I can't drink or smoke a cigar on the hunt....
You get a free TV show out of the deal...
No more free badass stuff, I have to buy a DVD now?
The prize prices seem a bit inflated....
Odds seem to be pretty good I have to say....

So in the end I'm paying $30 for chance to get a less than $900 tag and having to pay to get to the hunt or getting used "other" prizes?

I have to agree...the odds are good...but hmm....I'l have to think it over a bit....

So...

You come on a free site and piss and moan about the owner trying to cover costs?

I'll have to think about whether that is a d*#k move.

I've thought it over....:hump:

So...

You come on a free site and piss and moan about the owner trying to cover costs?

I'll have to think about whether that is a d*#k move.

I've thought it over....:hump:

I did not piss and moan...I'm just stating facts about the hunt. If you don't like my opinion, tough, Those are my thoughts on winning a hunt.

I just stated you are not winning a hunt, you are winning a tag, that is all...a hunt would be a lot more than just a tag. If pointing out the obvious makes me a dick, then so be it. I'm just stating what other sheep on this site are afraid too because they are afraid of offending Randy or others like you on this site.

It's your opinion I'm a dick...I'm OK with that...because at least I'm not a chicken sh!t to post my real opinion. I may not like your opinion, but I'm not going to slam you for it, it's your opinion.

I did not piss and moan...I'm just stating facts about the hunt. If you don't like my opinion, tough, Those are my thoughts on winning a hunt.

I just stated you are not winning a hunt, you are winning a tag, that is all...a hunt would be a lot more than just a tag. If pointing out the obvious makes me a dick, then so be it. I'm just stating what other sheep on this site are afraid too because they are afraid of offending Randy or others like you on this site.

It's your opinion I'm a dick...I'm OK with that...because at least I'm not a chicken sh!t to post my real opinion. I may not like your opinion, but I'm not going to slam you for it, it's your opinion.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, even when it comes across to most as p'ing and moaning. And what you view as facts are a rather incomplete set of facts.

It appears that in your opinion, tags, licenses, food, lodging, supplies, a week of time, and a lot of physical effort to see some hunter have success is "not a hunt" in your mind. That's fine. To about 99.9% of people, it is. I'll take those percentages.

If you bought something you enjoyed, say a new pair of boots and as a result you were invited on an all inclusive elk hunt in NM; all you have to do is get there. I wonder what your response would be?

Here's a suggestion. Don't buy a DVD. Save your money. Maybe even hire an outfitter for a "hunt." See if he includes transportation in the cost of the "hunt" buy from him. See if the "hunt" includes your tags, license permits.

Please, save your money for something you find to be a more worthy investments. A "tag" where you were to spend time with me and our crew as we try to pawn this of as a "hunt" would probably not be much fun.

I've been meaning to pick up the DVDs since I don't have cable. Hope I win the hunt...

Just got mine in the mail. The wife isn't too happy that we will soon be starting a marathon of "hunting shows" instead of watching her singing competition shows. :)

Started on disc 1 over the weekend, watched the elk hunt with uncle Larry. It looked like you guys stayed at the same hotel I did earlier this month.. small world it is.

Wife and I are anxiously awaiting our copy!
I hope she enjoys them as much as me - it will make it easier to tell her I'm going on another trip when I win...

I have watched a lot of hunting shows over the years and yours is by far the best representative of what hunting is for the majority of us makes you feel like its one of are own hunting trips. Still looking for that first elk.

Thanks George Kunkel

Remember, no alcohol or tobacco allowed on the hunt. You guys probably can't handle that so my odds went way up :D.

Just got around to ordering mine and it is going to my dad as soon as I get it. He has only watched a few episodes of the shows on carbontv since he doesn't have the channel on his satellite. I am anxious to let him see what OYOA is all about.

Remember, no alcohol or tobacco allowed on the hunt. You guys probably can't handle that so my odds went way up :D.

I'm good with no booze and don't need tobacco but if there had been a coffee restriction I may have had to think about it a while.

Taking a big load of these to the PO in the morning. Sorry that mailing got delayed a couple days due to running out of DVD mailing envelopes. Appreciate all the support.

I hope people realize that this is a tremendous opportunity and very gracious offer from Big Fin. Should you win, your costs only include transportation and any costs associated with your elk, should you be fortunate enough to take one. The winner's minimal out of pocket costs are well worth it to spend a week chasing elk on our public lands with some of the nicest people you will ever meet. The dude in the photo on the first post would say this is one hell of a bargain.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back