Caribou Gear Tarp

Wisconsin rut reports

schmalts

Started a similar thread last year. So far i have seen no ruttting activities by deer. Very few car kills on the roads. Anyone seen any action? I may move my vacation days next Thursday and Friday to a later time. Halloween weekend is usually my favorite hunt but dang. ..

Bucks are just now starting to get frisky. Scrapes started showing up this week in numbers.

Yes I realize this information is not from WI, but anywho...

Nothing different here in MN. Not Wisconsin but rut time should be similar. I an central MN and have been scouting for last two weeks. No scrapes or rubs. No chasing. Sure hope things pick up before Nov 8.

Some field edge scrapes here in NW Iowa, the ones that appear in the same spots every year. No chasing though which isn't surprising. Nov. 4-10 usually gets pretty crazy here, and I will be making some all day sits.

I'm not seeing anything at all as far as scrapes or tending does goes. . .heck even saw 2 shooters running together on Sunday night at 200 yds. I have on my schedule at work that I saw my first buck chasing last year on Nov 2nd. Good luck to all!!!

Saw an 8pt. thrashing up a scrub bush last weekend at 80yards in Michigan. Haven't seen many rubs or scrapes in IN. Everything seems way behind this year. Normally Halloween is my favorite time to be out with my bow.

I am taking off this Friday afternoon and all of next week to hunt WI. Hopefully something gets rolling! I am hunting Fri-Fri in WI then heading back to MN to take my son out gun hunting. Wish it was colder! Any corn coming out yet? Hunting north of Turtle Lake on Private.

A few dead deer on hwy 10 tonight but still nothing to get excited about. Flip the switch already!

StrutNut, they just started some major corn picking here in IN over the weekend. When I was in Michigan a couple of weekends ago the corn on the stalks was still VERY wet. Might be a couple of weeks out still that far north. I went out last night in a tree-stand in IN. Didn't see hide or hair. Couldn't tell you if that is a good or bad thing...

Four of my buddies were hunting in some prime SW-WI deer country, and I didn't get any reports of big buck sightings. A few spikers and basket racks chasing a little. All the trail cam pics they've sent of the big ones have been at night.

There has been quite a bit of action here in Se Mn. Noticed it last Friday and through the weekend. Heard a few different bucks grunting and several chasing and cruising. This week like always would be a great one.to have off.

Just a wee slow near Titletown. By this weekend, you should be in the midst of things.
Through the years I've always marked Nov 10-12 as the peak frenzy days.

I saw a little chasing this weekend of smaller bucks but heard the loud deep guttural roar-grunt that only big boys make. Never saw it, just heard it. I think it has started, I have a couple buddies who killed today.

My dad in Michigan sent me a trail cam pic of a nice 8 point that has a neck that has pretty much doubled in size. The pic was taken on Sunday. A buddy across the lake from you in Charlevoix told me he has seen chasing for the last couple of days. Looks like it has started :D

I think its getting ramped up. My Dad killed a nice 8pt sunday and the landowner of one of the farms I hunt shot an 8pt Sat night both were by themselves cruising. I watched a big 10pt make a scrape Sat night and sort of acted interested in a doe. . . I rattled in a nice 8pt Sunday evening and also saw another 8pt chasing does. . should be real close to being all out soon!!:D I told them both they should have waited. . .been seeing some much bigger. Oh well.

Attachments

• Dads 2014 bow.jpg
    Dads 2014 bow.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Dad and Donna bow 2014.jpg
    Dad and Donna bow 2014.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 202
Saw first daylight mature buck yesterday AM. (11-5-14) Have seen 2 young bucks chasing does, and otherwise all bucks have been trolling by themselves which is the way I like it, much easier to shoot without extra eyeballs and running deer. I haven't been out as much as I would like. Cool weekend coming, it should be nutty busy in the woods!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back