help!

devon deer

Bloody official in the UK confiscated my bullets! Anybody now if 30-06 rounds available for elk anywhere in bozeman? And my rifle didn't make it delayed until tomorrow! Not the best of starts! Cheers Richard

I hope someone down in that area can help out.

'06 can be mighty hard to find the week before opener

I really hope so. You shouldn't have any issue finding ammo. Have you been feeding it factory loads? If so, maybe post it and some fo the Montana crowd can point you in exactly the right direction.

Hope your rifle makes it. If you're even close to Wyoming, I've got a couple that you can borrow in case it doesn't clear the UK customs.
Good luck.
-Cade

:DI told you to bring pud for us.

Seriously, I am sure I have several boxes of different types of 06 ammo I would be happy to send somewhere for you. I can check my stock. Gratis

Bloody official in the UK confiscated my bullets! Anybody now if 30-06 rounds available for elk anywhere in bozeman? And my rifle didn't make it delayed until tomorrow! Not the best of starts! Cheers Richard

Sportsmen's warehouse or Bob Wards. If they don't have any, pm me your load and i'll whip up 20-30 for you and we can figure out how to get them to you by tomorrow evening.

I have about a dozen boxes of 150 grain stuff of different mfgs Federal, Remington, Winchester. I only found a partial box of 180's

I can give you more specifics if interested in a couple of boxes. I am sure you will be able to find some in Montana but I am here if you need me.

I too have some Winchester brass and some 180's& 168's Barnes Tsx's and probably a few other odds and ends if you want something loaded to your specs.,

Last edited:
Got a call from Kat; found bullets... Afraid of starting another Ammo run. Check your PMs :D

You picked the best caliber to lose your bullets.. they should be at any sport shop. Why did he take them from you?

Got a call from Kat; found bullets... Afraid of starting another Ammo run. Check your PMs :D

I realized I just had one box so I went and bought another box of Barnes 180 gr TSX at Sportsman's Warehouse. There is enough to last until tomorrow AM so they'll survive the ammo run :D. They also have Remington Scirracco and accutips.

Surprise, surprise, no 22LR unless you buy a $35 cleaning kit to go with it. Clever they are getting.

They are open 9am-8pm. If you can't make those hours work I can give you the box I just picked up.

Rob, thanks for posting. I just got back and they would have been closed before I could post.

That was a Remington 180 gr. Swift Scirocco 48.00 and Barnes 180 gr Triple Shock 41.00. I didnt check Bob Wards since they had it where I was already going.

Hopefully Rob (the ammo run) didnt buy them all before Richard can get there. ;)

Many thanks for all the offers of help, you are top people, I will try sportsman first thing tomorrow cheers Richard

Glad you escaped the motherland Richard. Get some ammo and get down there and tie a bull to a tree.

I think I'm more excited about hearing about your hunt then I am my hunt this weekend.

Should Sportsman's fall through, Bob Wards is just a mile down the road. Josh behind the gun counter is a friend of mine, he can get you squared away (just a heads up, he can be a bit opinionated, perhaps to a fault, but he can get you pointed in the right direction). They should have some Federal Premium or Something worth Shooting.

Last time I was in Sportsman's the ammo was flying off the shelf. If you strike out there, Murdoch's usually has a stockpile of the generic loads.

Last time I was in Sportsman's the ammo was flying off the shelf. If you strike out there, Murdoch's usually has a stockpile of the generic loads.
I was thinking of going down there and wait for the guy with the British accent to ask where the ammo was... and then scoop it all off the shelf in front of him while exclaiming "Whew! these are the last rounds in town so I'm stockpiling!" :D But I have real stuff to do.

Their selection was limited, but they had plenty of boxes of the Barnes and Remington. I also have 14 rounds of 180 gr Federal Nosler Partitions that I'll never use since I switched to copper if anyone in Bozeman wants to pay $18 (or trade a box of reloads for practice) for them.

Josh behind the gun counter is a friend of mine, he can get you squared away (just a heads up, he can be a bit opinionated, perhaps to a fault, but he can get you pointed in the right direction). .

Isn't that a requirement for working behind the gun counter?:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back