Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Photo thread - 2014 season landscape

Moon rising thru smoke plume on SE side Eagle Cap range NE Oregon. Elkalope country!
7574_10204741571757351_8632136924520450938_n.jpg

We could attempt to do a Hunttalk calendar. I think it would be best to go through a website like snapfish, create the calendar on there, and then anyone who wants one of their own can either take what the group made or modify the calendar to their own needs.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I don't know how to go through and pick which photos to use. They are all pretty good, and I don't want anyone left out. In addition, everyone who has shared their photos will have to give the go-ahead for us as a group to use their work. (Not sure of the best way to get permission either. Maybe if you are fine with having your submission used in the calendar, go back and edit your post with a short blurb saying we can include it? Any people who are identifiable in the pictures will also need to give us their permission. Maybe I'll just create a new e-mail address and have you all send me your permission and higher resolution photos to there. I have some concerns about blowing up the usually-low-resolution photos on the website to full calendar size.)

Looks like snapfish charges $20 + tax for each 8.5" x 11" calendar plus shipping and handling.

I was just notified by the good folks at Extreme Elk Magazine that I won a Sitka 90% Jacket for the article I wrote for them about the elk hunt Spitz and I had last year.

So, now we know what the randomly drawn prize will be for this contest. Keep posting your pics. In early January, we will post the winner's name and they will get the Sitak 90% Jacket. The good folks at Sitka gave me two new ones for this season, so I surely don't need a third. Happy to give it to the winner of this contest.

Took my 13 year old daughter on the youth hunt last Thursday. It is amazing how fast they grow, but all her interests seem to be drifting away from mine. No skiing anymore, doesn't want to practice shooting, and on this hunt she was totally unenthusiastic and she wanted to leave before prime time. But this summer she proved she can put in 11 mile days and fend off grizzly bears in the Buffalo River drainage so maybe I'll have a few more years before the boys and other teenagisms consume her.

Attachments

• s IMG_2193.jpg
    s IMG_2193.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 400
  • s IMG_1714.jpg
    s IMG_1714.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 397
I wish I would've had my good camera! I had this guy at 15-20 yards shredding up trees on my recent trip to Colorado. It was an experience of a lifetime for me getting to see so many moose up so close.
It was also the closest we have come to harvesting an elk!

DSC02818_zpsfdefed9d.jpg

Southern Idaho Canyonland country on my brother's Bighorn Sheep hunt. Both my brother's, dad and a sheep tag................PRICELESS.
-Cade

Zane 2014-2.jpg

Back