Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Help

idahojoe

I need help flat out I got a new string put on my bow went and shot today and bam my sight is so far off. First shot at 20 yards hit about three feet higher than it should of. same thing with 30 yards and it continued, My pins are as high as they can go in my sight housing what the hell do I need to do?

I need help flat out I got a new string put on my bow went and shot today and bam my sight is so far off. First shot at 20 yards hit about three feet higher than it should of. same thing with 30 yards and it continued, My pins are as high as they can go in my sight housing what the hell do I need to do?

When you get a new string it will have more force than the old wore out one so you will have less drop, causing it to hit higher than before. Not sure on your sight setup so it is hard to comment on that issue. Maybe add pictures? Peep site being off would make sense as well.

Last edited:
I've had a few strings replaced and have had to adjust the peep location every time. I guess most shops don't bother to measure and put the peep back in the original spot.

Last edited:
Having new strings put on is just one step. I just had new strings put on and did not leave the shop without making sure my peep is in the correct location (it needed adjustment) the nocking point is in the right spot (it needed adjustment), cams are timed, draw length is correct and I was hitting within the 8 ring.

Changing strings can have a huge impact on your bows performance depending on how worn your old strings were. I knew mine were fairly shot. I did need to adjust the peep and nock point before I made any sight adjustments.
Even once all that was done, my sight needed a fair amount of vertical adjustment. That being said, I didn't have to redo the sight.

Id take your bow back to the shop and get them to look over the bow again and double check it for you. SOunds like your problem is more than new strings.

In the future take measurements of the knocking point and peep site centers and write them down. I keep these in case things get knocked around I can make a quick adjustment.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back