Kansas deer 2014

Brisco

We had a really good year this year. It started in Sept with my sons youth season. We were able to go out quite a few times and he did a good job of sticking with it and it helped that we saw deer on a regular basis. He had some opportunity's but had to wait for regular season in December. I got him out on the First Saturday of the season and we had some luck on the evening hunt. Spotted this guy coming our way and got him set up on the shooting sticks. He made a great shot at 50 yrds with a muzzle loader on his first buck!
picture.php

I had my dad down hunting this year as well. He shot a spike last year by mistake when we were pushing draws for a nicer buck we had seen. He redeemed himself this year. He shot this on opening day and on some walk in property.
picture.php

I had an either species rifle tag this year and should have been a little more picky but I wanted to focus on my sons tag. I didn't pass up the chance at this guy after seeing him the morning before for a brief minute. Of course after I made the shot a larger buck presented himself from the group. He is a little busted up but I sure cant complain.
picture.php

My brother shot a nice buck about 10 minutes after my son shot his buck. The deer were sure out moving around! He came over to help with pictures and loading my boys deer and we didn't get back to his until after it was dark. Unfortunately we did not retake pictures in the light.
picture.php

Brisco,

Looks like you guys did real good this year. Of my immediate hunting buddies here in Kansas all eight of us scored bucks this year which is very unusual for us.

I hunted NW this year with either species on limited time schedule and didn't get the monster but a great mature muley I was happy to take on Walk in.

Are you in northern or southern part of western Kansas?

So that's where all the bucks went to....western Kansas. Nice ones Brisco and company.

Back