Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rage or no Rage, that is the question?

Rage is just an amazing advertizer i think..... plus another thing about them i have heard they deploy in the quiver on a lot of occasions to from my buddies saying that if you cant find a good fixed broadhead i would take a serious look at the Ulmer Edge

I hit a elk last fall in the scapula/shoulder blade with a rage three blade......sounded like I hit a brick, the knock flew off and the penetration was only about a inch, never made it through the bone. Needless to say we didn't recover the elk and I still have nightmares!! Use a fixed blade......

I had a similar experience last season.... except it was a rage hypodermic. The other two from that pack went in the trash so I would never be tempted to use them again.

Check out Slick Tricks. If your bow is tuned and you have halfway decent form the things fly like darts.

Check out Slick Tricks. If your bow is tuned and you have halfway decent form the things fly like darts.

^^^ This is true. I switched from other fixed blades solely based off the amount of posts of guys using Slick Tricks, Im shooting the tightest groups I've ever shot with broadheads, and I haven't made one pin adjustment from field tip use.

Yeah, slick tricks and shuttle t's are the only ones I shoot now. Both fly like darts.

"I hit a elk last fall in the scapula/shoulder blade with a rage three blade......sounded like I hit a brick, the knock flew off and the penetration was only about a inch, never made it through the bone. Needless to say we didn't recover the elk and I still have nightmares!! Use a fixed blade....."

Has anybody here shot an elk in the shoulder blade with a fixed blade and had the arrow penetrate the scapula?

"I hit a elk last fall in the scapula/shoulder blade with a rage three blade......sounded like I hit a brick, the knock flew off and the penetration was only about a inch, never made it through the bone. Needless to say we didn't recover the elk and I still have nightmares!! Use a fixed blade....."

Has anybody here shot an elk in the shoulder blade with a fixed blade and had the arrow penetrate the scapula?

Yep. As mentioned earlier, I've done it twice and penetrated both times. I think if you hit the thick part you're screwed, though. Best to avoid it all together ;)

Back