Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

advice please

captaincoot

I been seeing a big buck in the hay field. Tonight I figured out he hangs out in my crp and eating my corn:mad::) So I made the decision to bow hunt this year. Only one problem nephew took my arrow rest and release:mad: I'm a tight butt so I'm looking for something cheaper:) You guys have any good brands? THANKS.

Check on Archerytalk dot com. They have a classifieds section and you can find some good stuff at good prices.

Come to think of it I think I have an extra Trophy Taker Promghorn fall away rest laying around. If you're interested I'll take $30 Paypal shipped to your door.

I'm not the cheap chucky:D I have a boat load of cabelas points you guys know if any of them are good? Thanks for the offer colberjs but I thinking I should use up some points:)

If I wanted a price point rest that is quality, I'd check out the trophy taker shakey hunter. I used one for years and it worked very well. Plus, they are on clearance. For a release; it has to have a buckle, a nylon kneck is preferred, and I like a dual caliper. Scott's are really nice, check out their samurai. It's priced well and is a good release. Jim fletcher .44's used to be cheap and were really nice as well, I think they have gone up a bit though.

I second the Scott's release. I've loved mine. For a rest I would stick with any fall-away from a brand that seems reputable to you. If you're not going to be bowhunting that much you should just make sure and get one that will do what you are looking for it to do, hold the arrow and shoot decent groups at the distances you are comfortable with. There tends to be a lot of hype around a bunch of different rests, but it you install one and are shooting good groups I'd stick with that. If it doesn't shoot good groups, take it off and return it to get another one. It's not as finicky as finding an ammo load to fit your gun, but sometimes certain rests wont line up with your shooting style/bow.

Come to think of it I think I have an extra Trophy Taker Promghorn fall away rest laying around. If you're interested I'll take $30 Paypal shipped to your door.
Is that rest new? I had a whisker biscuit for a while. Not bad but for some reason my accuracy is worse with it.

I had a whisker biscuit for a while. Not bad but for some reason my accuracy is worse with it.

Is your fletching helical or straight? I've heard, but never experienced, that the whisker biscuit doesn't shoot that well with helical fletchings because it makes the arrow unstable when they are trying to twist through the biscuit and the whiskers won't let it unless it is really worn in. I shot a biscuit for about 10 years and loved it, but I had straight fletching. I think when they were designed the norm was straight fletching but now that most arrows that you buy prefletched at the big box stores are mostly helical the whisker biscuit might be on its way out. Just my .02...

Is your fletching helical or straight? I've heard, but never experienced, that the whisker biscuit doesn't shoot that well with helical fletchings because it makes the arrow unstable when they are trying to twist through the biscuit and the whiskers won't let it unless it is really worn in. I shot a biscuit for about 10 years and loved it, but I had straight fletching. I think when they were designed the norm was straight fletching but now that most arrows that you buy prefletched at the big box stores are mostly helical the whisker biscuit might be on its way out. Just my .02...

That's the problem I had with mine. I started using Blazer vanes with a helical and that's when I started having issues. It would tear the fletchings off and the arrows were unstable for longer shots.

Cheap and reliable go with the Whisker Biscuit I just ebayed an old one or I would offer it to you!

Your two cent is spot on. fletching was the problem. Store said I was dreaming to think that. remember this was years ago. Also told me whats an inch off at 30 yards:confused: Never did go back.
Thanks for the responses guys greatly appreciated.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back