Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bear-eady! Gearing up

putm2sleep

Good morning - seeing these posts of readiness and preparation and the fall harvest already is awesome! Congrats to you guys and gals, and good luck everyone this season folks. Safe travels, and be safe this hunting season!

Hope to duplicate the success of the spring bear hunt talkers, and post something from Colorado. Sure could use Randy11's lucky bear hat! So. Heading out now and should be hiking in an hour. First ever bear hunt / diy - going to bear down (pardon the pun) and give it heck. I have until the end of the month.

>note: I will stay packed up, and plan to head to Wyoming October 1, and help out a fellow hunt talker with an elk! CAN'T WAIT!) >Then it will be the 1st season ELK OPENER here - horse contract is in, and the leaves are already changing with mornings in the low 30's up high. Should be an excellent season. Fun next few weeks.

Attachments

• beaready.jpg
    beaready.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 322
Good luck man, hope you have a great hunt!

So do you have an elk pillow for elk season? ;)

Good luck, hope you get one. Problem bears are a major daily headache for most CO wildlife officers. Bears certainly increase costs and complications at my mountain bird banding station. And dang, bears continue to chew on my elk before I can get them packed out.

Besides eliminating spring bear hunts, other policies have made the situation worse. For example, by discontinuing the use of an unfilled limited fall bear tag during a later deer/elk season total hunt days and opportunity to take a bear was reduced. Was there some net gain in bear management from that? I doubt it, I think it was about selling more licenses.

Good fun - forgot the phone/camera at home - a righteous day, but will post pics tomorrow after try #2
I am not a bear hunter - I am 41 and am still like a cat under a rocking chair
Cannot sit still . Fresh poo should mean bears ?, yes bear experts?
Please advise. Thought early afternoon and evening would be bear thirty?
I'd like a gimme bear - problem bruin or private pig causing a issue with owners dogs but fun and interesting hunt. Hunting these without bait or dogs not like tv.
Bears 1
Hunter 0
Thanks for the insight and well wishes.
Awesome pictures Kiwi! Getting summer there, yes?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back