Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Not good for browndog

captaincoot

Well He did it this time. Cut the end of his tail:mad: I took him to the vet a week ago and they glued and wrapped it. Well it didn't work and it's bleeding again. So I called the vet and he said amputation:eek: I said you got to be s###ing me. He said no it will never heal and it will get infected and kill him:eek: So thurs. the day my labs tail goes bye bye. That's going to take some getting use too.

I have a friend that had to have his labs tail removed also. Looks goofy seeing the little stub wiggling away when she gets excited

Well He did it this time. Cut the end of his tail:mad: I took him to the vet a week ago and they glued and wrapped it. Well it didn't work and it's bleeding again. So I called the vet and he said amputation:eek: I said you got to be s###ing me. He said no it will never heal and it will get infected and kill him:eek: So thurs. the day my labs tail goes bye bye. That's going to take some getting use too.

Look on the bright side. It could be worse.

Yep, tail wounds are the worst to heal!! They just never stop wagging them. Is it the Whole tail or just down to where the injury is?

My black lab had his tail amputated for the same reason. He was always wagging his tail so the bandage would fly off and he'd send blood splatter all over. Vet left a small part of the tail. Best thing is he couldn't knock stuff off the coffee anymore or whack me with his tail as he walked by. And no, he didn't swim circles afterward :). Best dang dog I ever had!

Hope everything works out for the dog.

It is interesting to me to hear that it had to be amputated without seeing the wound. Growing up we hunted cottontails with beagles. The ends of their tails were always bloody messes at the end of the day from wagging them in the brush/briars. They never had a problem healing or getting infected.

Two vets seen it last week both said close to having the bone exposed and they said that ain't good. Been leaving browndog outside and it seems to want to stay scabbed over so maybe tomorrow vet will have a better plan. Two vets have looked at him. My cow vet wants to put a band on the first joint and said it will fall off in a couple weeks. Hes the cheap vet. The other vet watches him when I go places he said amputation and he's more of a small animal vet.

Well browndog survived. Vet only took a couple inches. I was happy with that. Mad at the nurse she wanted to take his walnuts:mad: I think she a guy hater :D

That's good!! At least you were able to stave off the nurse! I don't the dog would ever forgive the vet if he lost part of a good friend and his two best friends at the same time!

hope the recovery goes well and the pup doesn't have to spend much time wearing "the cone of shame"

With or without a tail, a Lab is still the best damn dog around. Best to the whole family. Heal well and heel well.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back