Latest 410 road conditions

twodot

Due to a host of email and pm's I am starting this thread to keep everyone fairly updated on the 410 area roads.

I spoke with the Petroleum County road dept. this morning.
All crossings on Crooked Creek in Petroleum county are washed out. There is no plan to fix them this season. They are waiting on FEMA dollars to proceed.

The crossing on Blood Creek, along the Musselshell river, is washed out and not crossable.
This one is north of the Browning ranch and south of 79Trail.

For those wanting to come in from the highway on the Musselshell Trail. As far as he knows it is still washed out and crossings are closed. To get best information you need to call the Fergus County road dept. @ 406-535-5006 for latest conditions. You will not (as far as we can tell) be able to come thru the Musselshell Trail to Crooked Creek road this year with a truck or trailer.

Anyone who goes up in there please post here with your own latest road observations.

Update number one, if you can not get thru to the Fergus co road dept, call Bohemian Corner Store. The owner, Becki Koteci is staying current on road conditions over on that end of the Musselshell Trail. She is a great gal and very helpful. Be nice to her and stop by her store and spend some money! store number is 406-464-2321

Good hunting and be careful, twodot

Last edited:
Thanks, Twodot. Very helpful information for the guys who have tags for this area. I've had numerous inquiries and I will refer them to here.

You are welcome Randy. .
One other warning to all coming up to the area. Bring bug dope!! Never seen skeeters like we have this year. Every cow track or low spot has water in it and they are beyond bad this year.

You are welcome Randy. .
One other warning to all coming up to the area. Bring bug dope!! Never seen skeeters like we have this year. Every cow track or low spot has water in it and they are beyond bad this year.

I have never seen skeeters like this; all day every day. You swat them by the dozen.

Thanks for update. I was hoping the snow and frost would have killed most of the bugs. With the temperatures going back into the 80's . . . . probably not.

+1million on the skeeters! I wennt down a road the other morning in the dark about 13 miles or so ne of winnett and it was washed out. it did have a couple of cones there to mark it thank god!

Tonights update.

I spoke with a person who has driven in on the Wilder Trail and says that you can go all the way to Crooked Creek now. They also reported that the road is, "treacherous, but you can make it if you want to bad enough." Take that however you will.

Then shortly before dark, I spoke with the Grassing district Ranger. He says all those roads are "officially" closed but there are several people using them and making a go of it. Also said that the Crossing at Horse Camp was crossable. This is not me confirming this particular information, take it as second hand for now.

Becky at the Bohiemian Corner store remains the most up to date source I know of. She and her husband have actually been driving around up there to see the damage. Since these roads cross county lines it makes it difficult to find any one official who can tell you what is what.

Another problem is none of the roads in Petroleum count are marked, and rarely will you find two maps that have the same name for our roads!!!

All I can tell you for sure is, be careful and be prepared to have to turn around and take a different route than you may have planned. Bring extra bug spray!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back