New Mystery Ranch Packs

Yep got to see it in the showroom - they reduced the backpack straps to just webbing instead of what's on the nice day pack lid. They also removed all of the webbing and the velcro on the day pack lid. It's no frills, a bit smaller, smaller zippers similar to the side zip on the metcalf. I'm getting one as soon as they sell them individually, which they didn't have an exact date for yet when I asked yesterday. I think you save a little under half a pound with it. 5oz maybe?

any info out of the MR camp? Have to say SG is looking better and better these days! I want to stick with an MR pack, but dropping 5lbs by going with a SG seems pretty tempting.

If anyone's looking for a screaming deal on a great pack, Mystery Ranch has a stash of Optifade Bighorns clearanced down to $299. Pretty sure the same pack was selling close to 500 last year.

I hope their new line of packs has smaller, lighter options like the Bighorn and Dragonslayer. I think for 90% of the guys out there they're all the pack a guy would ever need.

Two years later these packs are out.

Has anyone seen these pack being carried by any stores? I was going to try one out, but the few online retailers I tried were sold out, and when I emailed Mystery Ranch they referred me to a long list of stores that when called didn't know what Mystery Ranch was.

They had Scheels on their site and I have some giftcards there, has anyone seen Mystery Ranch packs for sale in a Scheels?

I know Schnee's in Bozeman has the full line up.

I have some inventory of new packs, but not for sale.

Has anyone seen these pack being carried by any stores? I was going to try one out, but the few online retailers I tried were sold out, and when I emailed Mystery Ranch they referred me to a long list of stores that when called didn't know what Mystery Ranch was.

They had Scheels on their site and I have some giftcards there, has anyone seen Mystery Ranch packs for sale in a Scheels?

I'm in Great Falls - unless Scheels got them in this week, they aren't carrying them here (they have Eberlestock). I know Schnees had quite a few down there in Bozeman a few weeks ago, but they could have sold them all online.

Schnees is fresh out of Pintlers, which is what I'm after. Looks like pre-order was the way to go.

They've had them at scheels in Billings for at least a month now. Last time I was in a week or so ago they had the metcalf, Pintler, and cabinet.

Kind of; I don't see anything in the 3000 ci range and hitting the 4 lb mark like was being talked about. I like my current MR's a lot but the "new" packs that came out really didn't do a ton for me as someone that already has a NICE frame. The fact I can't buy just a bag anymore is something I'm no fan of.

I was at scheels in great falls yesterday and they were doing an outdoors event and had the full lineup of hunting packs They had the pintler available in foliage. There was also a MR staff person available to answer questions and had some swag as well.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back