Yeti GOBOX Collection

favorite hunt?

For two decades my father in law and I spend hours driving back and forth to the cabin talking about how great it would be to hunt out west. Talked about where we'd go, what we'd hunt, where we'd stay......for hours at a time, 20 years of it.

In 2011 I took a PA bear on opening day, I thought that might have been the best thing ever. That's the last day we ever hunted together. He was diagnosed in Jan and passed away in Oct. We never went out west, all we had was a bunch of talk.

I decided that I wasn't going to make that same mistake with my son. In 2013 we did a 4 day DIY WY prairie dog...I call it a shoot. All walk in, all public land. Scouted it all out on google earth with my buddy and we had a smash !! We topped it last year by extending it to 6 days.......3,340 rounds of ammo. All walk in on public land. Far and away my favorite hunting trip.

Both trips were awesome. Maybe not to guys that see prairie dogs everyday but, we don't have them in PA. A good day groundhog hunting is like 3.........shooting a few hundred prairie dogs a day....that's a great time !!

IMG_1454.jpg

We're stepping up our DIY to Pronghorn, we haven't drawn yet but, hoping going into 2015 with 2 pp each will do the trick. If not, we'll keep at it. Hopefully add another one for my son to able to say ..."one time my dad and I....."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back