MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Another weekend chasing grouse

mtmiller

The wind about put me in ND this morning, but we were able to hold on.

Here are a few sharpies.

Glad you are out doing this. Miller. We all appreciate the results of your efforts. Cool stuff.

Super!! Love these pics and look forward to them depressing me every spring. ;) :D County birds on leks was one of my favorite gigs.

Thanks for sharing! They put on quite a show. If you don't mind me asking what settings do you tend to use for this application? I know it changes with the amount of light and several other factors but you must focus on a quick shutter speed as I would assume there is a lot of movement? And if I remember correct you use a 70-300 with a teleconverter? Do you put your aperature as large as possible? Sorry for all the questions but appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks for sharing! They put on quite a show. If you don't mind me asking what settings do you tend to use for this application? I know it changes with the amount of light and several other factors but you must focus on a quick shutter speed as I would assume there is a lot of movement? And if I remember correct you use a 70-300 with a teleconverter? Do you put your aperature as large as possible? Sorry for all the questions but appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks all.

I enjoy being out there and pictures don't really illustrate how amazing it is to be sleeping in a blind and be awakened by horny grouse at 5:30 in the morning just feet away. OK, maybe that is a little weird.:D

Steve, I am still learn settings. I think most of these shots were ISO 640-1000 for the sharpies. GSG were lower, but I don't remember specifics.

I had a real photographer with me this weekend and he was shooting wide open at f4. My camera...or talent, kept me in the 6.3 - 8 range.

I should have been out there this morning since it was perfect conditions, but work got in the way. Probably a mistake.

Forgot the question.

Steve, I upgraded this year from the 70-300 Nikon to the Sigma 120-300 w/ 1.4TC. I love the Nikon, but the Sigma 2.8 is much better quality. That being said, the Sigma won't be in the backpack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back