Caribou Gear Tarp

Hello! New member and avid archery hunter from Grand Junction, CO

CO Elkaholic

I've lived in western Colorado for my entire life and spend an average of 100 to 150 days a year out in the field. Usually always with a bow and a fly rod. I have a wealth of knowledge I would be willing to share with anybody wanting to plan a DIY public land deer, elk, or bear hunt. I usually always camp off my back and try to wake up where the elk will be. I would really like to meet some great people that have as much passion for the outdoors as I do and trade some information on hunting/fishing other parts of the country. I have to head out to Table rock lake this July for a family reunion and would appreciate any knowledge on lodging on the water and finding a boat to do a little sightseeing. Thanks and look forward to meeting some great outdoorsmen

Unit 40 Muley 2013, Unit 40 bull 2013, and native Colorado cutthroat. Within an hour drive of Grand Junction in every direction, it's definitely possible to kill on public land, with an over the counter tag, a 400" bull, 200" buck, and get a 50 lb lake trout. Tons of great public land

Attachments

• IMG_5721~2.jpg
    IMG_5721~2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0675~2.jpg
    IMG_0675~2.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_662931408348476.jpeg
    IMG_662931408348476.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 348
All three of these bucks were killed in 2012 during a 2nd rifle season in unit 31 by my three nephews. They were pretty happy.

I like to hunt unit 70. I've got a buddy that lives in Dry Creek Basin right near Naturita. There used to be awesome fishing in Lake Miramonte, but they poisoned the lake last summer to get rid of smallmouth bass. Awesome pics, too

I've hunted 70 a couple times and there's definitely some big animals in there. A good buddy of mine swears by that area and he pulls some huge bulls out of there too. Yea , Miramante use to be be great, too many people anymore and I like to get off the beaten path anymore.

CO Elkaholic,

Where's a 50# laker within an hour of Palisade? I want one. Welcome.

Welcome to the site... I have no idea how to post a new thread and can someone tell me? Sorry feel like the noob here now! Great pictures look forward to seeing more great pics and stories from you!

Welcome CO Elkaholic!

Elkchaser12 , to post a new thread click on the FORUMS link at the upper left hand of the page just under the big HUNT TALK logo. That will take you to a list of different forums. When you click on any of those forums, you will see a "start new thread" logo.

Welcome!

I'm up in Montrose. I'm also heavily interested in killing elk with sharp sticks. I too love the high country, and have been known to have a 4 weight rod while on the Gunnison.

Wow, the new arrivals this last few months have really been making some serious impressions with their first pics and stories.

Welcome. Looking forward to more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back