Selling firearms: Gun Broker?

Devil Diver Down

Has anyone sold firearms thru Gun Broker or another service like that? I'm curious if you had good experience(s) with them; got the price you were looking for; PITA factor, etc.

I have a .300 Weatherby Vanguard 2 that I won at the AZ Elk Society Banquet. I hear they're tack drivers but my gun cabinet is full plus I'm too much of a recoil/noise ***** to shoot it. If anything I'll buy more bows and/or stick with calibers I already have like 30-06. If it works out well, I may also sell a Rem. Game Master 760 in 30-06 that my grandfather gave me and nobody shoots anymore. Thanks for your 2¢!

I have never sold any guns but I have bought a few on gun broker and guns america and all but 1 have been good experiences. I dont know what they charge to sell through their sites. Some buyers might be reluctant to bid if you are new and dont have any feedback yet. If you do sell it online be sure to follow all the regs to ship and transfer it.

Sold a couple there and bought quite a few on Gunbroker. No issues.

Also bought and sold a bunch on various internet classifieds, like 24hr campfire and accurate reloading. Lots of tire kickers and cheapskates on the classifieds. No issues though, sometimes takes a while to get payment and ffls but it all works out.

I primarily used guns international, same principle. With your low volume to sell, your fee will be next to nothing. It's the best way to sell a gun but will need to ship to ffl.

I just sold a gun on backpage.com. It's free for a basic listing with a bunch of pictures. Pretty popular here in AZ.

Thanks, sagebrush and everyone else for their input. I didn't know about backpage so I'm going to try that first. I really want to avoid having to ship anywhere as it's a pita and I've just been swamped for weeks with work. Two days off in the last month, including today, which was honey do day prepping for hosting 22 people tomorrow.

I have bought on Gun Broker but not sold. I am in agreement with the folks who would be nervous buying from a seller without any transaction history.

I have sold on GB and GA with good results but I prefer Armslist, F2F, less hassles, packing, driving 100 miles RT to the UPS depot for shipping, transfer fees and all the associated "stuff". When in doubt, use a local FFL. Should be a Wby fan somewhere nearby. Didn't see any other 300 WBy's listed in AZ at this time.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back