Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

MT Deer

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
Awesome bucks! That one is really thick, definitely makes up for not being as wide! What region of MT?

Well done!! Glad you got to go "home" for some deer hunting! Congrats to the both of you.

Great looking bucks. That first one looks pretty swollen, neck and face. Trauma? or maybe just needed some lasix to get the fluid off.

I agree what are the specs on that rifle?

That buck was pretty swelled up, then Snowy shot it in the face. You're seeing the combination of those two...

You guys seem to have the muleys figured out, I look forward to your deer pictures every year. Congrats.

Nice! Yours certainly looks to have the body of a grizz! Hope the truck was close. ;)

The rifle is a 260ai on a 700 action, Mcm. Rem. Classic, 139 scenar/H4831sc. It's held zero like a champ and I have a fair amount of confidence in it out to distance. It's at 400 rounds and I expect to put another 300-400 through by the time next September rolls around.

I guess close is relative but they both got boned out and came out in a trip. Our bucks have been averaging 55-65 lbs. of boned out meat, jawless head/antlers 5-8 lbs., so not ridiculous with a daypack level baseweight.

Back