MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Turkey success.

tarheel

Wasn't able to make it to the woods until yesterday, cold and windy and only a couple of distant gobbles at first light even though I knew there were birds closer. About 10:00AM I gave up calling anything down to my blind location so I eased up to the edge of the standing corn field and sure enough, two gobblers and four hens. I faded back into the brush and found a big pine to hide behind where I could see the corner of the field, yelped a few times and this guy came running. At 30 yards my Dad's old Rem 11-48 spelled his doom. As soon as I stepped from behind the tree the big gobbler came running onto the scene but since we're only allowed one per day I had to give him a pass.

Please excuse the wind blown hair and morose expression, wasn't ready for the shot. My uncle who turns 88 this year missed his opportunity but since he only lives an hour away from our hunt location as opposed to my 4 hours, he'll no doubt get one before I get back down there. He got his two last year and I got skunked.

Had to leave there and drive four more hours to watch my grandson play baseball. Got to the field and found that he had just signed a letter of intent to play college football at a small but excellent school in Virginia, so it was a rewarding two days.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 150
That is an "interesting" expression tarheel. Glad you had a great weekend, bird and grandson included.

Taking something afield from a friend or relative is something I do on a regular basis. Your dad's gun must have seen lots of good shows over the years. Congratulations again.

I don't think your face got the memo about how excited you were. Just Kidding.
Nice looking bird and congrats to your grandson. Sounds like a good day.

Good bird, congrats! I get 3 days to chase birds this year. Hope I can find one as nice.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back