Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

American Sniper - Movie

Just got back from the movie. We tried to go at 7pm showing but it was sold out. 945 sold out also but we got tickets. I'm proud of the folks in West TN filling up the theaters for this one. We haven't forgotten what gives us all we have around here.

It is a powerful movie, well done and very moving.

The SMTA was my TL back in the day so I go see all the movies he works on. I thought it was worth the money but it was not as good as some other, more fictional movies. I found it disjointed, too much "coming home" drama and covered too much time. I guess Eastwood was trying to stay close to the book? (Didn't read it). Also, the theater was packed and I can't suspend disbelief when surrounded by that many people. I'll check it out again later on DVD. You might enjoy it more after the crowds thin.

One other note. After the film the entire theater was dead silent. If people were talking it was in whispers. I've never experienced that. It was hushed even out in the lobby...a powerful movie.

I went to the theater solo for Lone Survivor, prolly do the same for this one. It's been said that Cooper and Eastwood handled the story with accuracy and respect...not the usual case for Hollywood. It grossed 30 mil Friday.

Took my 14 year old son today. Great movie. Very moving. Athletes, movie stars, pop stars...no thanks. Chris Kyle is an american hero!

Saw it yesterday. Excellent movie and tribute to a true hero. I can't say it to him, so I will say it to all of the members on here that served, Thank You.

This movie was VERY well done, a must see. Most people have no clue what our soldiers go through, in war and even worse when they come home. As I watched it: all I could think about was my best friend that did 3 tours in Iraq. My wife said to me more than once that it reminded her of him. He has went through the same difficulties Chris did after coming home. Everything around them reminds them of the war and the ones they couldn't save!

Excellent movie very well done. I also was amazed at how silent the theater was after the movie. Very humbling every american should see this movie. Lil

Hey guys, I've been a frequent "gawker" on this site and mostly read the posts to learn from you guys and become a better sportsman. Just thought I would let you all know that if you ever want to support a Montana veteran who made one hell of a sacrifice, please consider Bennett's American Taxidermy in Cascade, MT. I served with John and think about him and his family every day. If you do your research and learn his story, I think you will agree that this is one taxidermist we should all support if we can. Thanks guys!

P.S. Big Fin--In the hunting world you are one of my heroes, keep doing what you do!

One other note. After the film the entire theater was dead silent. If people were talking it was in whispers. I've never experienced that. It was hushed even out in the lobby...a powerful movie.

I saw it last night and noticed the same thing when the movie was over. It was completely silent, save for a few sniffles from some crying. It was only the second movie I've gone to see in the last 10 years and I was not disappointed.

Thank you, to all that have served.

Just saw it with my wife earlier in the evening. I am wound up tighter than a tick and she is just sad and doesn't understand why somebody would do four tours when they had a family at home. And yes, it was VERY quiet leaving the theater. She wants to talk about it, but I really don't......

I just got in from the movie.

Mostly well done. I did not like a couple of things though.

When he took the first wounded boys out to shoot towards the end of the movie, the scene showed a couple of targets just stuck up in the air with no concern for any backstop with no mounds of dirt around no background. I felt uncomfortable watching the shooting during that scene. I doubt any Navy Seal would be involved in that.

2nd was during the last scene with his wife he's playing with a real pistol and caulks and points it at her playfully. Again, I doubt the real Navy Seal hero would do such a thing, but that's Hollywood.

This Theater was silent at the end also.

It was the same when we left the theater. Very real and very humbling.

Noticed those, plus he just put it up on the ledge on the wall. I was waiting for something to happen there......And true that is Hollywood.

I just got in from the movie.

Mostly well done. I did not like a couple of things though.

When he took the first wounded boys out to shoot towards the end of the movie, the scene showed a couple of targets just stuck up in the air with no concern for any backstop with no mounds of dirt around no background. I felt uncomfortable watching the shooting during that scene. I doubt any Navy Seal would be involved in that.

2nd was during the last scene with his wife he's playing with a real pistol and caulks and points it at her playfully. Again, I doubt the real Navy Seal hero would do such a thing, but that's Hollywood.

This Theater was silent at the end also.

Among others , this story makes me think of Carlos Hathcock, another American legend and one of my boyhood idols. His story also deserves to be told on the big screen.

2nd was during the last scene with his wife he's playing with a real pistol and caulks and points it at her playfully.

That bugged me too. Also, that he just left it sitting out on the molding in the kitchen where the kids were.

It was actually kinda eerie how quiet the theater was when the lights came up.

Hollywood gonna Hollywood. There were numerous dramatic leaps but overall I think Eastwood did a good job of conveying a complicated story. I went to a noon showing and when I drove out of the parking lot I saw many people visibly shaken..some sobbing in their vehicles. The actual procession and memorial service scenes were the toughest IMO. I heard where Jerry Jones provided the venue and numerous extras free gratis..also pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back