On the Mtn. Idaho

Hey Matt are you going to be able to keep the factory velvet or are you going to need some aftermarket fuzz? It looks like he crashed in a nice soft spot to keep it intact.

Awesome buck, that is what dreams are made of... Looks like you earned it the hard way wich makes it even better. Congrats

it's definitely my greatest hunting accomplishment for sure, no help of any kind, all myself on public land with a leftover tag, be hard too beat that, maybe a large antelope with my bow on public land..... :D I do have too give alot of credit too my loving family and the good lord or luck witch ever you believe....
Matt

Great looking buck...besides the memories of the whole DIY...it's just icing on the cake that you picked up the only leftover of that tag...and maximized it to it's full potential. Nice job in giving the hunt, tag, and buck it's well deserved respect.

I'm glad I scrolled through this thread and got to see those last couple photos. That is one of the coolest bucks I've ever seen posted on this site. That is saying something considering how many gagger sized antlers get posted on here. Congratulations!!!

Nice buck Duck Slayer. You can go back to your feathered friends now. No need to try to top that buck!

Regardless of score he has eye appeal. You did a heck of a job on the velvet, No nicks anywhere!

How did I miss that picture! Way to go Matt! Buck of a lifetime.

It would probably take me 5 lifetimes too find a buck that big, too boot it was the first buck I saw on opening morning, watch him bed, and sneak in and shoot him within 2 hours of spotting him.... crazy how well it worked out...
Matt

Props to you for sealing the deal --- maybe more so to the buck for his mega dose of testosterone :). Going to make one heck of a mount!

Nice buck Duck Slayer. You can go back to your feathered friends now. No need to try to top that buck!

Regardless of score he has eye appeal. You did a heck of a job on the velvet, No nicks anywhere!

He definitely has eye appeal for sure, and no, I have no intentions of topping that buck, my problem is I can't hold out for 1 that big-ever, glad this was the first buck I saw on opening day...:D and I have been visiting my feathered friends often now that its finally getting cool out....
Matt

A little live update on the buck I shot, took it too the sportsman's show in Boise, ID they scored it as 207" even non-typical... some average 347" bull won, I got best in show velvet category, dropped it back off at Bennett's Taxidermy, he got the form and hide back, so it shouldn't be long, gotta get going on making that pedestal for it....
Matt

This is what i'm thinking,
images_zpsnus9hyrm.jpeg

Last edited:
Got it scored officially, it goes 192 5/8 net non-Typical, but it has lots of deductions 11 7/8 just on the main stuff, than 1 inch off the spread credit, So this should be the closure too this big mule deer's life, and it now has a spot forever in the corner of my Dinning room, :D
Matt

here are the totals-
Outside spread - 33 4/8 *not in total
inside spread - 28 1/8
R. antler - 78 5/8
L. antler - 70 0/8
Abnormal points - 28 5/8
Total - *205 4/8 if my math is right....

IMG_1674_zpsjanknq1r.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back