Jarbidge NV bull

Elkmagnet

I just spoke with a friend and he said he had recently been notified by Nevada that he was the alternate choice for someone's returned 72-73-74 bull tag! He is ecstatic! But he has never set foot in the unit and the hunt starts on Nov 6-20. That coupled with Nevada's waiting period to reapply is a Scarry thought.

I am asking for a little help on this one, he unlike me is one of the good ones so don't hold my shenanigans against him.
He would help anyone with anything they needed. Being a NV resident this would be his second elk if he harvests one. His first was a spike so he has raised his standards a little.
I will likely be in tow as an extra set of eyes. We both have health problems that will keep us from hunting very far into the wilderness so the current plan is to concentrate on the east and north sides. I have more specific ideas that I would love to bounce off of someone who knows the topography.

If you have any info please pm me.

I can't be of any help, but BOY (he's married to a girl from Ho'dale) is in there right now trying to find a bull! If I get some info from him when he's back and before I leave for ID I'll pass it along. However, I think he's hunting mostly in the wilderness. Him and 2 mules headed in on Tuesday...

Thanks YNVH for your time. You were very helpful.

Pointer that would be great. Yeah his wife and crystal grew up together. I think she is regarded highly around here.

I am still just gathering info so i would love to hear from anyone who's willing to help.

Magnet,

Send me a text message (I got a new phone and lost your number). My uncle (lives in Reno) had that very tag two years ago. I will call him up and see if I can put him in touch with your friend.

Magnet,

Send me a text message (I got a new phone and lost your number). My uncle (lives in Reno) had that very tag two years ago. I will call him up and see if I can put him in touch with your friend.

I thought you were ignoring me...kidding.
Done!

I am planing on a cow elk hunt with a friend next year in this area. We will be hiking in to setup camp. Do any of you know of a good area to start looking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

I am planing on a cow elk hunt with a friend next year in this area. We will be hiking in to setup camp. Do any of you know of a good area to start looking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Hey if you're going to beg at least do it on a different street corner (please open your own thread).

I hunted the camp creek, draw creek and t creek areas last year, but it was during the early bull muzzleloader hunt. The bulls will be in completely different areas for your hunt, so I don't think my ideas would be worth anything. Make sure to talk to the biologist, because she actually helped me quit a bit and she'll answer any questions that you ask. Good luck to you guys.

I heard for BOY yesterday as he's off the mountain. His suggestion was to go deep into the wilderness area. He was covered up in elk, but he said he couldn't have hunted where he was without having pack stock. He said a couple of the trailheads looked like parking lots. Lots of people working the edges of the wilderness area.

If you need more specifics pm me.

Having health problems is not ideal for elk hunting. I guess you could get lucky and find a spike driving
the roads. There is a good reason the elk are DEEP in the wilderness area.

Having health problems is not ideal for elk hunting. I guess you could get lucky and find a spike driving
the roads. There is a good reason the elk are DEEP in the wilderness area.

Thanks for the inspiring comments! Guess I'll take up knitting:(

I heard for BOY yesterday as he's off the mountain. His suggestion was to go deep into the wilderness area. He was covered up in elk, but he said he couldn't have hunted where he was without having pack stock. He said a couple of the trailheads looked like parking lots. Lots of people working the edges of the wilderness area.

If you need more specifics pm me.

Thanks for the heads up. I bet he had a blast.

ive seen some great bulls around robinson hole, at different times of the hunting season I could of shot from the year, also along the state line near three creek,,,,

Thanks for the heads up. I bet he had a blast.
Sounded like he did. Came out with a good bull to boot! I think he surprised the outfitter he ran into back there as he was hunting alone. Don't think to many do that in that country...

Back