Bragging on my son

JohnCushman

I am so excited and proud!! My oldest son joined the Oklahoma Army National Guard today. He is a senior in high school and will drill the rest of the year and leaves for boot camp and AIT a few days after he graduates high school. He is going to be a 19D (Cav Scout). He plans on doing the guard through college and then going to Navy OCS to become an officer. He's a bright young man and has a hell of a future in front of him.

Congrats !!!!!! That's the best post I've seen on here in a long time ..... Be very very proud

Congrats on your son, my son was an Airborne CAV Scout. He'll be making his first out of state hunt in two weeks in Montana! I can't wait to hunt with him.

Is your son doing his boot camp & scout school at Ft. Knox? If so Louisville is a very cool city. That's where my son did his boot & scout school.

Thumbs up to your son, and to you for being a role model for him.

Excellent news! Major milestones towards full adulthood. May he walk tall with your Father's Blessing and surpass his lofty goals.

It is interesting how, many times, military service flows in families. Most of my family has served in the military. I served in the Marines and both of my boys were Army. Unfortunately, less than five percent of the people in this country are willing to step up and serve.

Good job, John.

Quite a mature young man John...congrats, you have every right to sound off and be proud,

Back