Yorkshire puds!

devon deer

So this will be my last Sunday roast with the family until the 2nd week of November, because i will be in Montana next Sunday!:)
So on the menu today was roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, and then for 'afters' Yorkshire pud with Golden syrup drizzled over over the top, i'm not feeling guilty as i have shed 20lb in weight for this trip.
All washed down with a beer!

Does anyone else on the forum eat the puds?

In the oven

The magic begins!

Served!

Sorry for the out of focus picture, difficult when we are shaking with anticipation!:D
Not really, i can't multi task!

Cheers

Richard

Everyone says British food is boring and no good. I found that not to be true when I spent a few days at Lakenheath AFB back in the day. Had the customary fish and chips more than a few times, but I really miss the Yorkshire pudding.

My mom was English and I spent a few years in Blackpool as a kid. Yorkshire pudding was a Sunday staple on the dinner menu. Haven't had one in years. I may try making it soon though.

My daughter cooks up a pretty good Yorkshire pudding. Even though she's only eleven and a Yankee to boot. :) I must say those look pretty amazing. Good luck with the elk hunt!

Thanks for the good wishes, and sharing your experiences of the Yorkshire pud and other English fare.

For anyone wanting to try this is how i make them.
1 egg per 1 ounce of plain white flour and (preferably) whole milk.

Beat the eggs and milk together and slowly add the flour whilst whisking, you are trying to achieve a batter that is not too thick, in fact i find it works better on the runny side as opposed to being too thick.
In a non stick pan add some lard and the trick is to get it smoking hot in the oven, around 220c, then pour in the mixture.

You don't have to put them in small pots, you can make a really big one, in fact i also like 'toad-in-the hole' which is sausages with the mixture poured around, but like the recipe above don't use too much lard(fat) and enjoy.

Disclaimer, this is not good fare to reduce your cholesterol level! You have been warned!:eek:

Cheers

Richard

You did see the new US entry requirements to provide pud to all Hunt Talkers I hope:D

Best wishes on your upcoming adventure! Cheers!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back