Caribou Gear Tarp

Swarovski is Awesome!!

sra61

I traded three weeks of guiding back in 1994 for a pair of 10x42 SLC Swarovskis. At the time the retail was about 1K. The Outfitter I worked for had a client that was an importer back east so I got them for cheaper. Over the years they have seen hard use. One time I looked in the rearview mirror after a long hard walk for spring bear and saw my beloved 10x42's cartwheeling down the gravel road behind us!!! Swarovski rebuilt them for free under warranty. That was probably about 1999. Then about 2008 I opened the pickup door and the 10x42's fell out and landed on an eyepiece! Of course they were out of alignment. I called Swarovski to see how much it would be to fix them and they told me it would be covered free of charge under warranty! There might be a small charge if I wanted new lenses! Holy Crap! When they came back they looked like new. They completely replaced the rubber armoring, and all of the lens caps and didn't ever charge me for the lenses! Last week in my futile search for moose up by Troy I brought the ole 10x42's up and something felt wrong. One of the rubber eyecups had been pulled off and after searching high and low couldn't be found. Wed. when I got back to town, I called them up first thing in the morning and the guy said oh, yeah they would replace it free of charge under warranty! He even sent a spare! He said it would come 1st class mail and would take a week, would that be okay? I asked if I paid the shipping if they could overnite them. He said they would FedEx them free of charge so I could hunt with them this weekend! I got them the next day. I know Swarovski is expensive stuff. Hell the same model as mine retail for $1800 now, but I still think they're worth it if a guy can swing it. In my opinion Swarovski is the best optics company out there!!

I'm with both of you! I love my 10x42's we'll worth every dollar!

I've heard the good but I have a not so good Swarovski story. My buddy recently sent his in because the clarity was deteriorating. They called him and said it was cracked prism and they weren't covered and for $350 they'd fix them. They had never been dropped and had been taken good care of. They wouldn't budge. He said to send them back and he'd rather put the money towards another brand.

I don't know about that logic, $350 to replace the prism and you have a great bino worth 1500-1000$,

When you spend that kind of money initially, you'd sure expect them to stand by their product. For some, it sounds like they have. Not so much in this case. So why the inconsistencies?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back