Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming unit 23 doe tags

redwoood

I know this is a long shot but it looks like my private land arrangements in unit 23 may fall through(friend of a friend). We were just wanting to shoot some does after we hopefully fill our buck tags in unit 6. I figure it's probably too late but thought somebody might have a lead on a rancher that wouldn't mind some does taken. I know there are small pieces of public but I figure they will be pounded the first week. Anyways..... worth a shot. Hard to believe we're only 2 months away!
Thanks

Ther's a big chunk of BLM tied into a large WIHA along the north side of Beaver Creek up in the northwest part of the unit not too far from the Powder River that is the western boundary for unit
23. It has to be accessed from the north, as there is only a private road going up there from the south and a lot of trespassing tickets are issued there to people who don't read the signs.

Yes I checked and I saw the Beaver Creek area but it gets quite a bit of publicity on forums so I'm afraid of what the pressure will be like.

I called about a landowner list months ago but still nothing. Not sure what happened there... received all of the others I requested.
Thanks tho fellas.

Can you camp on the walk in areas or would we just have to camp on the BLM surrounding the walk in area? Didn't see anything about camping on that individual WIHA map.

Thanks again fellas.

Can you camp on the walk in areas or would we just have to camp on the BLM surrounding the walk in area? Didn't see anything about camping on that individual WIHA map.

Thanks again fellas.

No camping on WIHAs, HMAs, or state land. You'll need to find a spot on BLM. The BLM is a lot of acreage up in the nw part of the unit and it will probably be hit hard along with the WIHA, but that is about your only alternative, other than a little BLM down in the sw part, unless you can get on a ranch. At this late date that may be impossible since most ranches fill up at least for the opening week even before the draw is held in June.

My son and 4 of his work buddies hunted on the BLM in 23 a couple years ago and they all filled there buck tags by 10 AM the first morning .They said they only saw a couple other hunters that morning.

The Wyoming Game & Fish department keeps lists of landowners who will allow hunters access. Call the regional office and they will send it to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back