Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Yellowstone Lake sumer 2014

What Map

It's been a different kinda summer for Diane and me. We have only fished Yellowstone Lake three days so far, but it's been productive. Here are a few pics:
We took our niece Sarena and her fiancé Alex with us for two days of fishing. It rained the entire second day, but a good time was had by all. Sarena caught her first fish ever.
This is Sarena, Alex and Diane with one of our cutthroats. They must all be released.

Di&Sarena&alex cut 2014.jpg

Released cut:

Cutthrout released 2014.jpg

If you catch a lake trout you must kill it. We picked up three and cooked them over coals. There were very tasty.

Sarena&Alex laketrout 2014.jpg

One of the lake trout had a cutthroat in its stomach.

Sarena&Alex laketrout & cut 2014.jpg

On our third day of fishing, we took one of the Park employees with us. Austin landed an eight pound laker.

Austin & LT reduced 50%.jpg

That is awesome you took an employee out with you. When I worked for fish and game during the salmon seasons i always found it encouraging when I was invited to go fishing with a group or invited for fresh salmon and morel dinner. Great fish.

It's been since the 70's that I fished or even been on Yellowstone lake. I need to take my kids. Thanks for the pictures.

WW, I would encourage you to spend a day or two on Yellowstone Lake. The tour boat Queen takes 20 passengers around the lake four or five times a day for $15 per ride.

If you don't have your own boat, you can rent a 40 h.p. boat for $50 per hour. All the pictures I have posted on this thread are caught in the area you can take the rental boats. For $100 per hour you get a guided trip. The captains know the lake and can get you into cutthroat and lake trout.

You can also fish from shore.

All these service are found at the Bridge Bay Marina. I stay at the nearby Bridge Bay Campground.

Diane and I went back down to the lake last week and boated 25 fish in two days of fishing. Here are some pics of this trip. Each picture is of a different fish.

100_3284.jpg

100_3288.jpg

100_3302.jpg

We caught a few Lakers and smoked 'em:

100_3318.jpg

Also we floated the Yellowstone River below Yankee Jim Canyon last week. Had a great day, catching cuts on dry flies. Here are a couple of pics from that day.

Joe+Yellow River 2014 reduced size.jpg

SVT+Yellow River Cut 2014.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back