Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Getting elk home

Z - I saw it right after I posted but then thought that there would be no way I would be able to fit everything for an elk trip under a tonneau, so it is probably the same for everyone else. :) That's a great idea to avoid paying $500 for a small cooler.

Fill up 4 or 5 80qt cooler of ice, frozen yourself will last longer than the ice chips you buy at the gas stations. If you do get an elk, throw all that ice into your tool box and get the quartered or cut up elk in there... either tape down cardboard or burlap sacks as a barrier on the inside of the box. Obviously, you have to make sure the toolbox is clean. Easiest clean up ever... wet vac it and you're done. And clearly, you have to be a little bit redneck and have an older truck....

Talked to brother in law last night says he will have game bags already there.to bring all the coolers I can fit in the truck and still get gear loaded.I am so excited we are going in the bob horseback for about 10 days then headed to private ranch if not successful there.Then to 212 to hunt Muley toward last part of my trip.Crying shame we didn't get 212 elk permits so we could stay in same area to hunt both.But hey that's ok I get to experience both areas and backcountry horseback hunt all in one trip.i can't believe it's only 2 more months till I head that way! ! ! ! !

gw- I have a SuperCab, generally hunt solo, and also have a Hitch Hauler. If I need more room, I have too much stuff and can leave something at home.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back