Best Muzzleloader Sights?

windymtnman

I have a CVA stainless steel muzzleloader with a composite stock. It has factory open sights that I don't like. I just don't like the sight picture, and for some reason find it hard to consistently and quickly get a proper sight alignment.
I'd like to find an aftermarket better sight. Scopes aren't legal in this State. I've shot with a peep sight before, and wouldn't be opposed to mounting one of them.

Does anyone have a recommendation for what type and brand of sight they like? Someone makes a sight with crosshairs, (but it's not a scope). I liked the looks of that, but didn't see the details concerning it at the time.

Suggestions?

I really like the Lyman peep if you can find one the will fit your rifle. I had one on my Remington ML and it was great. I now have a knight and there was not a Lyman that would fit. I was forced to switch to a Williams peep sight. It is really nice sight but it doesn't have the adjustable ranges on the side like the Lyman. Now for the cross hairs...i think there are several companies that make a crosshair aperture. Best of luck to you.

Williams gun sight here in Michigan make a Ghost Ring peep sight with fiber optic dots on each side of the sight.Works great for me when I started shooting open sights.

I got the Williams peep sights on my lyman great plains and they work nice,,for me much more accurate than the factory groove sight.

I have a Lyman peep sight on one muzzleloader and a Williams peep sight on another. I just can't get used to the peep sights, and I feel like they cover up too much of the target, especially in low light. I'm going to switch my inline over to a standard sight.

ishootdasmallones - what a great idea to use a peep/globe combination! I live in Alberta where scopes are legal on muzzleloaders but I'm not real happy with glass on my TC. I'm definitely going to check this out... after hunting season is over!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back