Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Region W unit 82

Rooster52

Is this Wyoming unit worth applying for ? I will be there in archery season hunting elk and thinking of applying for deer,but have been told the winter of 2008 took a big toll on the deer in that area. Are the deer herd rebounding there ?

Last edited:
Deer are starting to rebound slightly throughout south central Wyoming. The area shouldn't be too bad during September, but becomes a zoo during the rifle season, I tend to avoid it. It is known as a deer factory, but don't be surprised by lots of company.

If I do not apply I will not draw a tag and I would probably see the biggest buck I have ever seen standing at 15 yards .So I guess I better try.

I always got the deer tag for the unit I elk hunt.I don't see very many deer but 3 years back a very big 5x5 was standing along the road about 200 yards from camp one day.Drove passed him on my way back from making a cell call and went back to try a stalk but he vanished.Buy the tag if you have the money;you just never know

That's true for my area.My chance was in archery season.The seasons use to run together for a week of rifle but they don't anymore

Rooster,

You might try the biologist down there, but If I remember correctly I think alot of the deer that winter in 82 are coming from CO, and might not be there during archery season.

Back