Texas Snow Yote

Double Naught Spy

This was a lot of fun.

We got hit with multiple ice and snow storms last week. The latest was a wet snow storm that hit early Friday morning. Schools closed. Businesses closed. Roads were terrible. So it seemed like a good time to drive out to hunt.

The normal hour drive took me 2.5 hours. The normal 10 minute hike to the stand to a half hour through the snow packed hay field. The feeder went off about an hour before sundown and the birds devoured the corn. I have packed in a couple pound extra and went out and spread it around after dark when the birds would not get it. The deer seemed to appreciate it and it was the deer that alerted me to the coyote coming in NE of me up in the treed area of a hill. Saw movement but could not identify with my spotting scope and so changed over to the better optics of my rifle scope. Given the deer's reaction, I knew this was going to be a predator or a hog, either of which was fair game.

Turned out to be a coyote. As soon as I identified it, it disappeared amongst the brush and so I starting calling. Eventually, it popped out into the open north of me about 100 yards where I finally got a shot.

Here is the video from the hunt...
http://youtu.be/hRhVNWzLP4k

Looked like a good time and that sight is pretty rad. Sure is a pricey little bugger though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back