Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Shotgun Advise

Benelli Nova Pump in 20 Gauge. Any 3 inch or 3 1/2 inch goose load in 20 will do the job. Our local scheels has them for $365 right now so if you have a scheels near you i would check it out

Beretta semi autos are awesome.
If you go the pump route 870 is a fine piece.

I've owned one or both since I was 10 so we go back a ways.

I hate to be the odd man out but I'm not a fan of the newer 870's. I have an 870 that constantly leaves empties in the chamber. For economy, I'm a fan of Mossberg shotguns. I shoot an 835 turkey gun that I swapped out for the longer unported barrel. It shoots wet, dirty, and frozen.

I hate to be the odd man out but I'm not a fan of the newer 870's. I have an 870 that constantly leaves empties in the chamber. For economy, I'm a fan of Mossberg shotguns. I shoot an 835 turkey gun that I swapped out for the longer unported barrel. It shoots wet, dirty, and frozen.

Is the extractor different in the newer ones? I've had the same 870 since college and it's always been reliable about ejecting spent hulls. The Beretta relegated the 870 to safe queen status about 10 years ago :eek:

Check out this link to Randy Wakeman's site; he has many reviews for shotguns and I believe you would be pleased with (all autos) either the Franchi Affinity (made at benelli's factory), Mossberg 930 (all the rage now in 3 gun comp. -it just flat out functions) and the Weatherby SA-8 (a Turkish gun that runs). These are all mid price point guns $400-$700 with proven functions and trigger pull weights where they should be.12 or 20 gauge will do for upland & fowl. Stay away from 3.5", it is not necessary. I know it is common to think that a 12 g. is needed for fowling - and I would agree if pass shooting is your game -however, if the hunter is into the game of decoying a 20 is plenty. Good luck in your search.

http://randywakeman.com/FranchiAffinity12GaugeAutoloaderReview.htm

Last edited:
Look at Tristar too? I am anyway-
kinda checkin these out Muskeez at the shop
By my house. Gunsmith said nice weapon
I do not own an auto loader
870s and over - unders.

But the kid may get his 1st from Santa and birthday born 12/22

Lots of great info, THANK YOU guys! After some research and internet looking I have decided that I can spend a lot of time looking, but it really needs to come down to what fits her best and feels the best for her. Planning to mainly look at the Franchi, SX3, and a few others without totally breaking the bank,..hopefully...daughters with pretty smiles are my kryptonite! Will likely meet her after class some day next week and do some shopping together :)
Thanks again for the opinions and advise.

I have a lot of shotguns, but my favorite for ducks and geese is a Browning. . .by far less recoil

make sure to let her hold the Maxxus from Browning......im betting she will like it. good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back