RMEF and Partners open 41,000 acres

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just in time for opening week end of big game rifle season in Montana. 41,000 acres of newly accessible hunting land. Now that's a good chunk of public hunting ground. All by the purchase of a 30-foot wide and 2/3 mile long easement from a willing landowner.

http://www.rmef.org/NewsandMedia/Pr...essSecuredto41000AcresinSouthwestMontana.aspx

Thanks to the BLM, USFS, FWP, Beaverhead Outdoor Association, and Skyline Sportsmens Association for making this come together. And most importantly, to a very insightful landowner who wanted to do something to help with the access situation in that area. If not for that landowner's cooperation, this would not have happened.

Years of work, lots of effort, great volunteers, generous donors, make these kind of deals possible. Not just within RMEF, but among all the groups and agencies who worked to make it happen.

Access is a priority for RMEF. Projects like this are a big step in helping fulfill that part of the RMEF mission.

Go get 'em boys. First person to post a pic of an elk taken in this newly opened public land gets their choice of a Hunt Talk truck decal, or one of these new hats that showed up about an hour ago.

IMG_20141021_143737435.jpg

That is awesome. Makes me happy to be a member of RMEF. Thanks to those involved.

RMEF is the best! Wish I was hunting in that area! Good luck guys!

Does it count if it was last year... J/k!!! Great area to hunt, now with better access! I was solo, and I learned my lesson about hauling out elk by yourself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back