Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bragging on my son

Is your son doing his boot camp & scout school at Ft. Knox? If so Louisville is a very cool city. That's where my son did his boot & scout school.

Ft Benning for 16 weeks between boot camp and AIT. My one little sigh of relief is that he's not deployable while he's in college. But, if he's anything like me, he will drop out of college to deploy if his unit gets called up. That would make me scared as hell, but proud at the same time. A man in my family between my mom and dad's side has been in every war and conflict dating all the way back to the Civil War. So, as scared as I would be, he would be carrying on a proud family tradition.

Congrats!! Proud moment for father and son.
What a fine young man. Thank him for me and my family...
May God bless.

JohnCushman, tell him to stay in school, my son did one tour in Iraq 06-07 14 months,one Purple Heart , and lost 5 of 17 warriors! By far the worst time being a parent. He'll be in Montana with me for his first out of state hunt. I have nothing but respect for our younger generation!

I fear that he would drop out of school if it meant getting deployed. He has some sort of romantic idea that going to combat is awesome. He sees me as a combat veteran (Desert Storm, Bosnia, and Iraq '04) who has been shot twice, went through 2 IED blasts, lost friends in the process (even harder on me being their medic), and having all of the emotional and physical issues I have...but still thinks combat is cool in some way. His hero complex scares the shit out of me.

Last edited:
That's not bragging, John. That's just talking about a great young man we all appreciate. Thank him for me.

The boy must really look up to you John. That's good because you can also give him some solid advice. Tell the boy that we all are glad for him and wish him the best. Thank him for his service.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back