Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

wy 21 lope

Be caredul of landlocked blm land. As I understand, if there is not a county or state road going by or through it stay out. Sometimes pricate roads will look kust like public. I agree though that it shouldn't be that way. I agree, I would never go without that landowner info on my gps

While I agree 100%. However if I am on a public road and that road is on/in BLM or otherwise public land or legally leads to public land and it's blocked by a locked gate, someone's going lose a lock. Or depending on the area I may just jump the fence and walk on where its legally to do so. The hunting GPS map is a great tool to both access and defend yourself if need be. Its sad that hunting has become this way, but between the outfitters and over possessive land owners(the ones that feel public land is theirs) this seems to be the new norm.

Last edited:
Exactly...how many landowners ever get in trouble for this garbage....few to none would be my guess.

My dad was hunting long mountain by craig colorado and a herd of elk were heading towards public and the outfitter came in trucks blocked off the herd jumped out waving flags and turned them around to keep them on his land, all with a game warden watching and they never got in trouble:mad:...my dad talked to mike eastman about it at the sacramento outdoor show and he wanted my dad to write a story for the magazine but my dad is a horrible writer so he didnt do it.

Congratulations on what seems like an awesome hunt. I think most people in wyomng would have to agree that there were too many tags issued. Then again its easier to say that when you draw.

Way to go! With all of those animals down you had to have at least take a couple of pictures, right? :)

Congrats on your hunt I am really glad you guys had a great hunt and great time. I really wanna get back out there and hunt those lopes in WY. sure is a fun time.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back