Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Dear Outdoor Television

Saw the very end of "Life at Table Mountain" this weekend, the testimonial from the hunter at the end of the show says it all- "All private property & ranches which I prefer, I don't like to hunt public land" his 16th year with that outfitter.
Can you imagine16 years of that- I'm sure his friends had to hear about how hard he had to hunt for each animal.

Just thought of two more that tend to make me want to rant:
1 Using the word "baby" ie yeah baby, it just went down baby etc after a successful shot.
2 The word "booyah"(sp). I believe the correct spelling is "bouja" and it is a Polish soup. What the connection to making a good shot (bullet or arrow) is I can't figure.

This is something that annoys me with quite a few shows. They have a camera set up next to said downed animal and show them walking up to it all surprised. I understand the need for proper lighting, angles, etc. In all fairness, I'd rather see the expression of the hunters face when they walk up to it for the first time.

Some highlights I love about Randys show is it usually shows some of the prep work required, diffrent angles etc. Actually show the hunting and frustration that goes along with it. Something I would love to see it actual costs it takes to get an animal down on the ground. It maybe diffrent person to person, but atleast it gives you a refrence point.

I am totally with you on the camera by the downed animal. . .my wife gets tired of me yelling at the TV " look over at your camera guy, he's already found it"!! Love the hunting shows though
The other thing I cant stand is the guy who says "Give me a minute". . . .

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back