Fishing to Avoid Insanity

Big Sky

I am completely convinced that fishing a couple times of month is the only way I can maintain my sanity anymore. Lets just say last therapy session was good. Between my pard and myself we caught 6 burbot ling, 5 rainbow trout, and 1 brown trout. For reasons I will not go into my life is extremely stressful, and methinks, I need to increase my therapy sessions to more than a couple times a month. :)

Decent rainbow.
Troy%20Adams%201-30-16A_zpsomnawbnv.jpg

My pard with the only brownie of the trip.
Mike%20Hodges%201-30-16A_zpstodgo0vz.jpg

Pard with a ling. Creepy looking thing, the fish is pretty creepy looking too. ;)
Mike%20Hodges%201-30-16B_zpsjrftthbu.jpg

We didn't keep everything we caught, but just enough for a good meal or two.
Troy%20Adams%201-30-16B_zpspnoix8wv.jpg

Last edited:
It certainly is good for the soul. Now I'm just trying to figure out when I can schedule enough time for my next session.

I discovered fly fishing when I got back from Iraq and it was wonderful. Whenever I was feeling to stressed I would head to the river and it made everything all better, whether I caught fish or not :D

Lawyers my old man used to make me take those off the hook. They are delicious though.

maxx, the first time I picked one up I have admit it freaked me out a little. I've never picked up any other fish that feels quite like that.

Great pictures again Troy! How do you like the ling?

I have a therapy session scheduled for the 12th with Dr. Steelhead. It is very much needed.

JLS, actually haven't tried the ling yet, but they are on this week's menu for dinner. Best of luck with those steelhead. TAKE LOTS OF PICS!!!

Great fish. This reminds me, I haven't caught a fish in a while. Need to change that.

One of these days I'm gonna go for ling in Fort Peck. Still havent found a local who goes after them.

I have been using the insanity defense to justify my fishing trips for the last few years.
Between the stress of work, and commitments to family and the Boy Scouts, I just need to get away and do what I want to do occasionally.
Nothing relieves the pressure like a quiet, relaxing day on a high country lake.

I can attest to the therapeutic value of fishing sessions and I'm a living example of the lack of it as well. Great fish and pics as always, keep posting them up, it helps a little to live vicariously. Congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back