SFW Expo Article

grizzly_

The media struggles to cover the Utah DWR decision regarding the awarding of the Expo in relation to the respective bids of RMEF & SFW, but this news article actually did a pretty good job. There are scores of Utah hunters who are demanding accountability from DWR and many members of the media and Legislature are starting to take notice.

http://www.standard.net/Recreation/...16-Western-Hunting-and-Conservation-Expo.html

Last edited:
The media struggles to cover the Utah DWR decision regarding the awarding of the Expo in relation to the respective bids of RMEF & SFW, but this news article actually did a pretty good job. There are scores of Utah hunters who are demanding accountability from DWR and many members of the media and Legislature are starting to take notice.

http://www.standard.net/Recreation/...16-Western-Hunting-and-Conservation-Expo.html

Nice work guys!

I found this little tidbit interesting:

Chris Carling, Chief Marketing Officer for SFW, suggested during a January 2016 interview that any concerned members of the public, “Attend the expo. It’s a model trying to be emulated by every other state in the union. In addition to attending the expo, answers can be be found by visiting sfw.net, muledeer.org, and expo.com.”

If you don't think elections matter, then look at what sportsmen and women have to overcome in Utah. The only way these welfare queens succeed is if we stay home and don't vote. They need the legislature and the Governor's office to carry out their schemes.

Some of the names mentioned in that article (and a few more) will hopefully be stitched onto an striped jumpsuit in the near future.

Greg Sheehan, then administrative services chief of the DWR, acknowledged that the drafted rule didn’t address financial transparency but Wildlife Board member Lee Howard said that there wasn’t a need to, because the groups proposing to host the expo had “great track records” and didn’t need “more restriction.”

This put my mind at ease. Next!

When asked how that money was spent, SFW President Jon Larson said that he guessed “the majority of it” was spent on conservation. However, Larson only recently became president of SFW and could not say for sure.

Gotta give the guy a break, he's new to these parts.

But the Wildlife Board ended up choosing the SFW and the MDF to host the expo again, citing a lack of detail from the elk foundation about how it would handle data security protocols.

Randy, I am appalled by the clear lack of professionalism exposed by those who prepared RMEF's proposal. :)

On top of that, four of the seven current Wildlife Board members have direct ties to SFW, as either past presidents or committee members. While three of those people recused themselves from the vote, the fourth person, SFW member Donnie Hunter, cast the deciding vote.

You have to respect their exceptionally high standard of ethics. Just when it would benefit them most to vote in favor of their non-profit conservation organization, these three sterling examples of incorruptible servants for the greater good of wildlife, refused to cast a vote to decide who would get the Expo. Donnie was obviously objective in casting his deciding vote for the greater good of Utah's wildlife.

But the Wildlife Board ended up choosing the SFW and the MDF to host the expo again, citing a lack of detail from the elk foundation about how it would handle data security protocols.

Randy, I am appalled by the clear lack of professionalism exposed by those who prepared RMEF's proposal. :)

Yeah, I know. Imagine what little RMEF knows about data security, having 220,000 members, $65 million in net assets, 120 employees, and transact hundreds of thousands of credit card transactions each year.

Given we would have contracted with the same company currently conducting the Utah tag drawing, I guess the Wildlife Board concluded that firm doing that tag drawing and handling all that personal information can only do an adequate job of protecting data when they are hired by the other groups who bid on the Expo.

All of the above served up in heavy doses of sarcasm.

All of the above served up in heavy doses of sarcasm.

No!!!! Say it isn't so! Who can we trust for sincere reporting during these uncertain times, if even you are resorting to sarcasm when reporting about serious matters.

Do these guys even know how ridiculous they sound?

I am boycotting the expo. Total BS. Besides, I don't own any bedazzled jeans, so I wouldn't fit in.

This. I don't have any Affliction shirts either.

Excellent observations. Last night I told a friend that I do not fit in with the expo crowd. I told him that I do not wear bedazzled jean, XS shirts, or flat billed hats, and these items seem to be required dress code at the expo. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who notices the bizarre attire that is common at the expo.

I saw where they posted the winning Expo bid on the show's webpage. 92 pages of BS I'm guessing. SFW puts the CON in conservation.

Back