New guy from illinois

LuckFarming

I am from mid illinois where i farm with my wife and son.kids are gone have extra money to go west to hunt.My first big hunt is unit 60 elk rifle hunt in wyoming.Do not hunt with rifle much and that makes me nervous.Been to kansas once with rifle.Hunt deer in illinois with muzzle loader.Ammo and bullet weight are my big concern.Shooting 30-06 with hornaby and gmx bullets. I have coyote hounds that we run during the winter months.Hunting with hounds is my first love.We still have problems with people not wanting us killing coyotes.Thanks for forum it is great.

Welcome to the site. Good luck on your hunt.

What kind of farming do you do?

Well, at least you're not from Kentucky ;)

Welcome and good luck this year.

^^^ This x2 :hump: Always good to have more Mid Westerners on here ( I am a transplanted Hoosier). Hunting the west is awesome. Make sure and write a story and post pics on your hunt we ALL love to share stories around here. Best of luck.

Welcome! You sound like a younger version of a guy I grew up with. Farms, hunts coyote's with hounds, and going west for the first time this. Have fun and good luck!

PS- I second the 'not from Kentucky' comment.
PPS- You choice of cartridge and ammo is fine if you can put it in the right spot!

Why the hate on Kentucky??? :confused:
If you notice, all three of the posters bagging on KY live in or are from Indiana, myself included. So, I think it's more of a ribbing than 'hate'. Most all 'Tuckians I know have almost as many Hoosier jokes as I do about KY.

What do gals from KY and bear cubs have in common?

They both suck on their paws/pa's... :eek: :D ;)

When I was in school in the military it was a 12 hour drive to go back to my house for weekends, or 6 to go to my roommate's place in KY. Needless to say, the girls in KY were VERY nice in VERY special ways to us military boys. :D

If you notice, all three of the posters bagging on KY live in or are from Indiana, myself included. So, I think it's more of a ribbing than 'hate'. Most all 'Tuckians I know have almost as many Hoosier jokes as I do about KY.

They both suck on their paws/pa's... :eek: :D ;)

Yup.. And I went to IU, it is the solemn duty of all IU alumni to bash Kentucky whenever possible :p

The Illini are OK in my book, just as long as they don't forget where the real Assembly Hall is :D

Ha! Yea I missed that. ( I try to see only the good in people )

They both suck on their paws/pa's...

Why are rectal thermometers banned in Indiana?
- They cause too much brain damage

Last edited:
i live 30 miles south of springhfield.i raise corn and beans for the deer to eat and grow big antlers.they eat better than the local cows.

Yup.. And I went to IU, it is the solemn duty of all IU alumni to bash Kentucky whenever possible :p

The Illini are OK in my book, just as long as they don't forget where the real Assembly Hall is :D

^^^^This x2!!! I am an official member of the Ohio River Border Patrol Agency :) The saddest part of it is ....Kentucky is the one with the elk :(

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back