It's Happening!!

Festus

The time has come for what most of us live/work all year for!
I still have 2 weeks before I head to MT for elk but I'm reading where some of y'all are already leaving for various trips, or have already killed even!

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck out there and be safe and don't forget to take pictures and share with the rest of us.
Maybe I'll meet a couple Hunttalkers on the road, in town or on the mountain...
Good luck and may God Bless.
Festus

Last edited:
I can't wait. I'd be leaving in 2 days but the general consensus is I'm better off waiting until later in the month to go after CO elk. So I decided to heed the advise of the wiser, more experienced ones around here.

I can't wait for Sept. 18!!!!

I can't wait. I'd be leaving in 2 days but the general consensus is I'm better off waiting until later in the month to go after CO elk. So I decided to heed the advise of the wiser, more experienced ones around here.

I can't wait for Sept. 18!!!!

I too was leaving in 2 days for the elk woods in Colorado, but I have decided to delay it 2 wks to hunt the later part of the archery season. Of course I'm going crazy waiting on this!!! On top of that my buddy has been out there for 3wks camping & scouting in preparation to hunt the opening 2wks before I join him on 9/12 & hunt until the close of the season. He's retired so he can hunt the entire month.....of course he's found some cell signals to shoot me texts to drive me absolutely insane waiting. Good luck to all, be safe & shoot straight.

I too was leaving in 2 days for the elk woods in Colorado, but I have decided to delay it 2 wks to hunt the later part of the archery season. Of course I'm going crazy waiting on this!!! On top of that my buddy has been out there for 3wks camping & scouting in preparation to hunt the opening 2wks before I join him on 9/12 & hunt until the close of the season. He's retired so he can hunt the entire month.....of course he's found some cell signals to shoot me texts to drive me absolutely insane waiting. Good luck to all, be safe & shoot straight.

I feel terrible for you, Dave. ;)

Good luck, this year is off to a good start for you already!

What unit are you hunting?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back