Caribou Gear Tarp

Montana Antelope

FishN4Eyes

There's been some nice 'lopers posted, nice work guys!

I shot this guy last Tuesday.

Antelope1_zps3da913df.jpg

I was headed to a blind I had set up at a water-hole after work and on my way in I saw this buck heading to water.

No way I could get to the blind so I switched tactics and circled around the other side of the water hole.

He marched right past my blind (dammit!) and came right to the water.

I was able to get within about 45 yards and he turned broadside and I took the shot.

Hit him a bit high but it worked. He jumped into the water and took a quick swim and then did a short death run of about 80 yards and dropped deader than heck.

Really nice diggers on this guy and a fun hunt.

Love hunting antelope with a bow in August,he's my fifth one so far.

Good luck to all the other bow hunters out there!

Antelope3_zpsf0aeca13.jpg

Nice job with plan B. Success rates with antelope archery and huntalkers seems skewed against the pronghorns.

Id be happy to get drawn in my home state and get the chance at one with my rifle. Ill work on getting one with the bow later on.
Congrats on the nice lope buck. I definitely envy you.

Congratulations on a great looking buck! These threads make me question why I farm, hunting season and harvest season have a lot of conflicts. I really like those prongs and facial coloration.

Wow, that's a nice looking buck. I've yet to get one with a bow, I've only gotten aggravated trying to.

Congratulations.

Such an awesome looking buck. Outstanding cape on him also.

That's a great looking buck. And you got him with your bow. I've always thought it would be impossible to get close enough with a bow to get them but it seems like a lot of Hunttalkers get it done on a regular basis. I'll have to give it a shot after I seal the deal on one this year with a gun. Nice job!

Wow, the prongs are spectacular, as is the cape. It would take a lot of love and money for my wife to convince me not to get that one to the taxidermist, scores be damned. Congrats on one of the most striking bucks I have seen in a long time.

Back