Hey guys !!

shovelheadave

Sorry guys, bad etiquette on my part. I didn't see the intro thread.

I'm Dave, just turned 50 :( . I'm from S.E. PA, near Valley Forge. Hunted all my life in the N.E. woods so, the west is a really different thing.

Just kind of stumbled into western DIY hunting by accident when we were in southern Colorado skateboard a couple of years ago. We saw prairie dogs on the side of the road and the light went on (we don't have PDs here).

We've been doing that every June in WY for the past couple of years. We have a great time planning and doing our recon for new PD spots. We're also trying to step it up, 2015 will be out third try at antelope tags (fingers crossed).

Found this forum watching On Your Own Adventures. Love watching Randy's shows !!

Thanks for all the info you guys provide.

Dave,

Welcome!
It sounds as if you haven't drawn for lopes yet? are you looking to hunt a particular area? There are plenty of units that are 100% plus some with leftover license. You can hunt lopes every year if you choose to. Lots of information on the subject on this site.

Welcome aboard. If you're interested in lopes in southern Colorado give me a shout. I lived in Philly and DelCo for 5 years between stints in the military.

Yep, only because I'm 1,800 miles away, we're looking at an area that have lots of public land and also good harvest potential. It's a long drive home if I mess up the planning...LOL

Again, we're kind of winging it and learning as we go. I've had some really good information provided by some members here that helps a lot.

I've been to WY a couple of times but only in the S.E. corner (Cheyenne to Laramie to Wheatland) and those areas have a little more limited public access. I want our first pronghorn hunt to have the advantage of as much area to hunt as we can. If that makes any sense. Like I said, we're kind of learning as we go.

Dave,

Welcome!
It sounds as if you haven't drawn for lopes yet? are you looking to hunt a particular area? There are plenty of units that are 100% plus some with leftover license. You can hunt lopes every year if you choose to. Lots of information on the subject on this site.

Yep, only because I'm 1,800 miles away, we're looking at an area that have lots of public land and also good harvest potential. It's a long drive home if I mess up the planning...LOL

Again, we're kind of winging it and learning as we go. I've had some really good information provided by some members here that helps a lot.

I've been to WY a couple of times but only in the S.E. corner (Cheyenne to Laramie to Wheatland) and those areas have a little more limited public access. I want our first pronghorn hunt to have the advantage of as much area to hunt as we can. If that makes any sense. Like I said, we're kind of learning as we go.

Dave,

Ok. Understood. I know all about that drive! I just wanted to point out that with a little research, you can have a fun hunt with no points. I've been building points while hunting a unit that has leftovers every year. I've taken 3 bucks in 3 years plus a few does.

Back