Minnesota Ringneck

MinnesotaHunter

We came up to the cabin for the weekend to do some snowshoeing, relaxing, and for me and Jack (the black lab), a little late season pheasant hunting.

We got up here with about 40 minutes of shooting light, so we ran over to one our favorite little chunks of state land, and managed to kill one nice rooster. Jack made a picture perfect flush and retrieve. He got birdy a couple more times, but no more flushes. Late season is my favorite, so hopefully we will knock a few more down tomorrow.

image.jpg

Good looking pooch, way to go, hope you knock down more. We knocked down 15 last weekend, although pen raised but still good to get off the couch & watch the dog work. Pheasant numbers just aren't like they used to be in Ohio.

Way to go buddy, looks like fun. Is he dinner tonight?

Well, this morning's hunt had a bunch of flushes, but they were all ladies, so no shooting, but it was good to see that number of hens. I hunted some state that is just a strip of land around a pothole, and it is next to impossible to hunt until it freezes. It is one of my better late season spot. Headin back out for another afternoon hunt in a few hours. Hopefully we can knock down another rooster or two. I am thinking of smoking them if we get a couple more.

One more hit the snow this evening. Jack flushed another handfull of hens as well. It is good to see the population coming back from the dismal levels of the last few years here in n.central MN.

image.jpg

My nephew and some of his inspiring doctor friends hunted my crp today all hens 15+ in 19 acres. Not good for hunting but looking good for the future with the right weather.
COOL PICS Minnesotahunter.

Was out twice last week and did really good both days. By ortonville we saw tons of birds. Going Tuesday again. Late season is the best!��

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back