Ar-15 ??

Colt LE models have been popping up from $799. It is getting about pointless to build one right now other than for fun or customization. Mags are insanely cheap as well.

Thanks for all the suggestion guys. none of the Gun shops around me even have the Ruger AR556 yet.
I like the Colt LE too, and a couple of others.
The guys at the largest Gun Shop by me suggested that I hold off till after the first of the year, If I can.
They are expecting a major price drop in ARs in January or February, do to over stock by suppliers ?.
I guess I will wait and see, I am not in ant big hurry to buy one.

Kevin

It's the whipping boy of the AR world. Mossberg MMR. It's seems to be a bargain entry level rifle.

I'll post some pics when I get it and shoot it. If it shoots, it will indeed be a bargain at $505 shipped.

I'd jump on that deal!

The cost of a bolt carrier group, upper receiver, lower receiver, lower parts kit & barrel would be more than that if purchased separately. The best thing about AR's is how modular the design is. If you don't like the barrel guard, swap it out for something you do like, etc.

Great. Now I feel the urge to build another one. :D

AR15BarbieDollforGuys.jpg

hehehe.... timely Thread.

I have been wanting an AR for about 3 years now. My buddy in Missoula bought a Stag Model 6... If I was simply going to spend a k on an AR...thats the one i'd buy... though I'd probably try and get a 20" barrel instead of the 24.

But... instead I decided I wanted to build one...
And then... well... I saw the Brownells special....

And then I saw a special on Anderson Lowers... and Uppers... I bought five Andersons and 5 stipped uppers to match... I am trying to resist buying more...

As mentioned above, with a good barrel and good trigger... pretty much any AR will shoot lights out...

And the cool thing about your Gun T-Bone, is for $200ish you can put a sweet barrel on it... and another $95 drop an RRA 2 stage NM trigger in it... and it will shoot with any of the $1000 - $2000 rifles.

Lastly... I bought a 6.5 Grendel barrl and bolt... which with the addition of a 6.5 mag makes any of my ARs into a sweet 6.5.

SO... to the O.P.
Youtube vids, Midway vid... I have a link to another great build video... parts lists... its all easy...
I've got $60 a piece in my stripped lowers and the upper with BCG from Brownells (or was it Joebobs?) was $119!!

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...anner-_-Lower Homepage Feature-_-BRF_BCG_Kits

And you can buy "build kits" too... all the little pieces come with it...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/rifle-kits.html

Or a lower build kit...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits.html

The place you can blow your budget is on a barrel and Handguard... I am going to build a couple "economy" guns with $100 barrels and $30 hand guards... $40 stocks... But Im putting together two with $200 stocks... $150 handguards and $240 barrels. And these numbers aren't near the top end. Although, the $240 barrel is reported to be amazing... Black Hole Weaponry....

I guess I should say, you can blow your budget on ANY part in an AR... but the barrel and the handguard seem to be the spot where I get hung up...

Last edited:
Lastly... I bought a 6.5 Grendel barrl and bolt... which with the addition of a 6.5 mag makes any of my ARs into a sweet 6.5.

I was going to build one and sell/trade it, but now you had to mention 6.5 Grendel...and the wheels in my hear are spinning.

Will a standard 5.56 bolt carrier group work with a 6.5 Grendel bolt?

Last year was a good year for Black Guns on Black Friday. I built an AR from parts from Palmetto State and Brownells. Total Costs was just over $500...I think I posted a pick last year. Unfortunately is shoots Minute of Barn so it's getting an overhaul this winter.

I still have a spare lower that is destined for the 6.5 grendel.

The BCG for a 556 works fine, but you have to buy the bolt (about $70) for the grendel. These cartridges are also known as the 264 LBR... well... at Black Hole Weaponry. I have good info, that I pray is reliable, that this BHW barrel is tight at $240... I got it "black peen finished" ... I think that was an extra $15... so maybe less for a straight stainless..??

Yes Ben... you have to.

I think Aimsurplus has the Andersons on sale still for 42.95... with built in trigger guard, which is slightly restrictive if wearing heavy gloves. But i went for it anyways.

hehehe.... timely Thread.

I have been wanting an AR for about 3 years now. My buddy in Missoula bought a Stag Model 6... If I was simply going to spend a k on an AR...thats the one i'd buy... though I'd probably try and get a 20" barrel instead of the 24.

But... instead I decided I wanted to build one...
And then... well... I saw the Brownells special....

And then I saw a special on Anderson Lowers... and Uppers... I bought five Andersons and 5 stipped uppers to match... I am trying to resist buying more...

As mentioned above, with a good barrel and good trigger... pretty much any AR will shoot lights out...

And the cool thing about your Gun T-Bone, is for $200ish you can put a sweet barrel on it... and another $95 drop an RRA 2 stage NM trigger in it... and it will shoot with any of the $1000 - $2000 rifles.

Awesome !!!

I don't feel bad anymore about stocking up. Compared to you guys....I'm about average !! Whew !! :D

Sold an AR recently but this thread is starting the itch again.

WV, that Colt 6920 looks sweet.

Or you can get a battle proven Bushmaster.

I know there will be some gnashing of teeth and accusations of blasphemy, but my Carbon-15 has functioned flawlessly, and is just downright fun to shoot! Easy to pick one up for under $600 ta boot.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back