PEAX Equipment

Colorado West Slope Mule Deer Strategy Summit - Glenwood Springs

HighDesertSage

Is anyone going on August 9th? I know participation has been down on these. I would love to go, but my wife has to work that Saturday and I can't find a baby sitter. I would love to hear some feed back from anyone who makes it.

Good deal. I am scrambling for a baby sitter, so there is still a chance I might make it. I looked at the past ones CPW has held and it doesn't look like very many people go?

Well, nobody I didn't already know introduced themselves to me on Saturday, so I'm guessing that none of you here made it. Quite a few of the "usual suspects" at the meeting, which is no surprise.

The point of the meeting was to essentially summarize the public input received at the statewide meetings this spring and introduce the draft West Slope Mule Deer Strategy, which consists of seven strategic priorities. The public input summary, as well as the draft Strategy, can be found on the right hand side of the Mule Deer Strategy Summit webpage. As was pointed out in the meeting by several of us, it is easy to create a plan...it is much more difficult to implement it.

As I said at the meeting, if everyone is looking to the folks in uniform to implement the strategy, they are going to be disappointed. It will take the work of those hunters and outdoors-minded folks who care about mule deer, and who are not hamstrung politically on many issues, to get involved and lobby for the actions proposed in the draft strategy. It's the only way for the issue to move up in importance to those decision makers who have the influence to make it happen. I do believe CPW is on the right track, though. Those who are involved are committed to giving it the best chance of success.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back