Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Need help with a Pack

Curtis.mullin

I have a bag from a military W.A.L.K. kit that is a great bag but there is no support to the bag. Does anyone have any ideas on creating an internal frame for the bag? I have been looking online and come up with nothing other than adding a foam sleeping pad internally. Here is a pic of what they look like.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 327
How about strapping it on an external frame, or a "hybrid" type frame like MR NICE or a Kifaru?

I've looked at that option but there is no good mounting point. I can stitch into the pack if I have too but then I start worrying about durability if I load the pack up. I have used them loaded overseas loaded with a litter and other items that brought the weight up over 60lbs and it did really well. For comfort though I would like to some how rig it so that it is more comfy over long trips.

Another cheap, but well reviewed alternative is to pick up a USMC ILBE off ebay. Often times the whole thing can be had for under $75. From all the reviews I've read, they are heavy packs, but durable and carry heavy loads well. Look for the Gen II that was designed and built by Arcteryx.

I have never used the USMC gear just the Army ALICE and then the MOLLE Ruck when we switched patterns, but I will keep my eyes open. Thanks

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back